Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New events layout not allowing to invite all friends at once

+2
Admin
marc_ryder
6 posters

Go down

New events layout not allowing to invite all friends at once Empty New events layout not allowing to invite all friends at once

Post by marc_ryder Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Hey Guys

Im not sure if anybody else has noticed but when you create an event and select invite guests the whole layout had now changed in terms of how it looks and the way you select guests. The old javascripts, dont seem to work anymore either. Does anybody have a fix for this please, this 1s very urgent as I have 5000 friends and I wanna invite them to a Big Birthday event

regards

Marc
marc_ryder
marc_ryder
Prospect

Back to top Go down

New events layout not allowing to invite all friends at once Empty Re: New events layout not allowing to invite all friends at once

Post by Admin Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:54 pm

marc_ryder wrote:Hey Guys

Im not sure if anybody else has noticed but when you create an event and select invite guests the whole layout had now changed in terms of how it looks and the way you select guests. The old javascripts, dont seem to work anymore either. Does anybody have a fix for this please, this 1s very urgent as I have 5000 friends and I wanna invite them to a Big Birthday event

regards

Marc

I've merged your topic with torchvelvetlounge's since you're both having a similar issue. Cool Shades

Doesn't javascript:fs.select_all(); work for you? What happens when you try to select them all at once?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

New events layout not allowing to invite all friends at once Empty Re: New events layout not allowing to invite all friends at once

Post by marc_ryder Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi

It does absolutely nothing, previously it used to work but facebook have changed the setup (again) go have a look and you will see.
marc_ryder
marc_ryder
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:15 pm

marc_ryder wrote:Hi

It does absolutely nothing, previously it used to work but facebook have changed the setup (again) go have a look and you will see.

I 'went have a look' and it's working for me. As a matter of fact, it doesn't seem to use iFrames anymore. Are you trying to invite guests while creating the event of after that?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_ryder Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Basically I use a Mac (not sure if that matters) Ive created the event like I normally do. Then I go to the finished event page, click on invite guests. Then just like always when then the box opens up with my friends I paste the code into the address bar and hit enter. All friends get selected , job done.

But with the new layout it doesnt work, what are you doing different ??
marc_ryder
marc_ryder
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:28 pm

What new layout? Nothing has changed to me. Here's a screenshot of all of my friends selected.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_ryder Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Yh thats the one I had before facebook changed it !!! Over the last 2 weeks Ive noticed I no longer have that one, If I knew how to do a screen shot I would show you exactly what I meant
marc_ryder
marc_ryder
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:43 pm

I didn't know there was a new layout for Events... I thought only Pages were upgraded.

Some screenshots will help a lot. Please read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in order to learn how to take them. Cat
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_ryder Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Sorry about this, Ive managed to print the screen just need to post it on here, just looking for a guide on that
marc_ryder
marc_ryder
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:56 pm

Steps 6, 7, 8 and 9 of the guide I linked you to above teach you how to upload and post it here. Very Happy

If it's a little confusing, you can use [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to upload it, then copy the direct link to the image, and post it as follows.

Code:
[img]Link goes here[/img]
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_ryder Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

there you go mate, with the new layout the icons are alot smaller and you dont have that selected and all button at the top right
marc_ryder
marc_ryder
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks for the screenshot! Perhaps Facebook is rolling out that new look in order to fix bugged invites.

The DOM (attributes for each element) and javascript for the new layout must have changed. That's why the code isn't working for you anymore. Facebook tried to create a 'dummy-proof' invite tool by adding that window as an iFrame, and then making it independant from the Events one. They don't seem to have liked the 'select all' trick, and could have removed the chance to do it with this new layout. Just a thought...

Try with this alternate code, please. Same process as the other one (paste it on the URL bar, hit 'Enter').

Code:
javascript:elms=document.getElementById('friends').getElementsByTagName('li');for(var fid in elms){if(typeof elms[fid] === 'object'){fs.click(elms[fid]);}}

If it doesn't work, then I'm afraid I can't help until I get the new layout myself and try to think of the proper code. Duhhh
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_ryder Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:49 pm

yep just tried it and it does nothing at all mate ; (
marc_ryder
marc_ryder
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dxaiko Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:38 pm

yes I'm having the same problem...this new event invite seems to only affect people with about 3000 or more fb friends....I've got a bout 4000 friends and I've got the new layout and issure...I've check my friends pages and with them only have 1500 or so friends. They still have the old layout.
dxaiko
dxaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by dxaiko Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:42 pm

The old invite layout I mean.
dxaiko
dxaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by stevef83 Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:22 am

I've also go this new layout

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Really hope someone finds a hack/code to beat it!
stevef83
stevef83

Back to top Go down

New events layout not allowing to invite all friends at once Empty invite all

Post by salimoto Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:43 pm

i am selecting all og friends 4995 and trying to invite all of them but its not working.
salimoto
salimoto

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_ryder Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:33 am

yh we need a fix for this asap !
marc_ryder
marc_ryder
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dannybee86 Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:30 pm

hello, i am new here.

But i have been doing some reading and finding out what i can.

When i have been trying to invite all. It allowed me to invite 50 people at a time by using the select all tool from my personal account which has 510 friends.

When i tried to use my clubs profile which has 3200 friends it allowed me to select all but when i invited it said "invites have been sent", but when i checked the numbers the invites did not get sent.

Which leads me to believe fb must be blocking invites over a certain amount??

Can any one else shed any light on the situation?
dannybee86
dannybee86

Back to top Go down

Post by marc_ryder Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:33 pm

You maybe correct when I used one group page I have 2000 friends it allows sends, when I use my other one it has 4600 it does nothing
marc_ryder
marc_ryder
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dannybee86 Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:39 pm

just tried it then with an account with 1600 with google chrome and it invited 4 people out of the 1600 :S
dannybee86
dannybee86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down