Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Administrator of Charity Page can only invite personal friends to events - not charity's fans

4 posters

Go down

Administrator of Charity Page can only invite personal friends to events - not charity's fans Empty Administrator of Charity Page can only invite personal friends to events - not charity's fans

Post by jennifer.djordjevic Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:07 pm

I am the administrator for Society for the Preservation of Human Dignity's charity FB page. We have 68 people who "like" our page. I would like to create events but when I go to invite guests it pulls up my personal list of friends for my individual facebook page. Obvioulsy I want to invite people who are the fans of the charity page not my personal friends. Can you tell me how to do this? Thank you in advance for your help!

J
jennifer.djordjevic
jennifer.djordjevic

Back to top Go down

Administrator of Charity Page can only invite personal friends to events - not charity's fans Empty Re: Administrator of Charity Page can only invite personal friends to events - not charity's fans

Post by Admin Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:54 pm

I think this isn't possible for Fan Pages, but only for Groups. I'm not sure though, I'll do some research and get back to you then Happy Eyes
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Administrator of Charity Page can only invite personal friends to events - not charity's fans Empty Re: Administrator of Charity Page can only invite personal friends to events - not charity's fans

Post by jennifer.djordjevic Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:13 pm

Thanks for your quick reply! It it possible for me to switch my charity to be a Group then without losing the 68 people? I suppose I screwed it up the first time!
jennifer.djordjevic
jennifer.djordjevic

Back to top Go down

Post by jennifer.djordjevic Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:20 pm

Acutally, I think I want to keep us as a PAGE rather than a group. Just need to figure out how to invite the people connected to that page now. FB can be confusing!
jennifer.djordjevic
jennifer.djordjevic

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:52 am

Hello,

Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to directly invite your fans to the event - the closest you can do is post the event on your fan page's walls for others to see & join it.

Converting from a page to a group is also not possible at this time (unless you copy & paste all the info & ask all your current fans to join the group).
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gbrenna Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Tim wrote:Hello,

Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to directly invite your fans to the event - the closest you can do is post the event on your fan page's walls for others to see & join it.

Converting from a page to a group is also not possible at this time (unless you copy & paste all the info & ask all your current fans to join the group).

This is a huge oversight on Facebook's part! I am the administrator for my church's facebook page. Our church, as you can imagine, has a ton of events happening all the time! I don't want to be personal facebook friends with all the people that "like" my church but in order to invite them all to an event I have to be? This is dumb.
gbrenna
gbrenna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:11 pm

gbrenna wrote:
This is a huge oversight on Facebook's part! I am the administrator for my church's facebook page. Our church, as you can imagine, has a ton of events happening all the time! I don't want to be personal facebook friends with all the people that "like" my church but in order to invite them all to an event I have to be? This is dumb.

That's why there are groups
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down