Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot Switch between Pages

5 posters

Go down

Cannot Switch between Pages Empty Cannot Switch between Pages

Post by tayloredw Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:34 am

I Can't switch between pages ie personal page and business page. If I log on under my personal, I can switch to business once, but if I try to switch back, the pages I just get a blank page, likewise if I hit the home button, it freezes. Also can't upload photos, and If I try to edit a pic or something it freezes up. Been like this for 2 days now... any ideas?
Cheers
tayloredw
tayloredw
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Cannot Switch between Pages Empty Re: Cannot Switch between Pages

Post by Admin Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Moved from General Forum Discussion to Pages Support. Please post in the correct section.

How are you trying to switch back, through the Account button or through the page (Use Facebook as...)?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tayloredw Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi
I am switching through the account button... still cant upload any pics from 'business page' and if I am on my business page and switch back to my personal page I cant view any posts etc.....its very frustrating! been like this for days now...
Glenn
tayloredw
tayloredw
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:35 pm

The Account button acts up sometimes when you're logged in as your page (it shows up as you were logged in as your personal profile). I suggest you try the other way instead, going to your page and hitting the "Use Facebook as..." link. Wink

Regarding photos, how are you trying to upload them? What uploader (Java, simple, mobile...) are you using? Are you logged in as your page or account?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by aspen Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi TL, I was going to make a new post but I see there is someone having the same problem as me. I use "facebook as ..." link. The problem started 24hrs ago not being able to switch back and get only the blank page. The only way back to personal page is to X out and relog in. Also I am not able to post URL addresses only written posts on the fan page. Though I can post those same addresses to my personal page?
aspen
aspen
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:43 pm

aspen wrote:Hi TL, I was going to make a new post but I see there is someone having the same problem as me. I use "facebook as ..." link. The problem started 24hrs ago not being able to switch back and get only the blank page. The only way back to personal page is to X out and relog in. Also I am not able to post URL addresses only written posts on the fan page. Though I can post those same addresses to my personal page?
Hey aspen, thanks for the report. Appereantely, it's a a general bug and Facebook is already aware of the issue. Very Happy

Facebook wrote:Page Admins: When switching back to your personal account after using Facebook as a Page, some admins are getting blank pages. We are looking into the issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

Since Facebook doesn't notify people when things are fixed, you have to check eventually until the bug is gone. When it is, I'd appreciate if you could let us know here. Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tayloredw Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:11 pm

cheers everyone.. I am checking regularly and it's still not working. Also problems with my fb app on iphone too, it freezes up when I use the 'use facebook page'
tayloredw
tayloredw
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tayloredw Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:18 am

this is the 3rd day now my facebook is not working. to answer your question TL i have java installed. i can upload pics when on my personal page but cannot when on business page.. getting frustrated now as business page at a standstill... !
tayloredw
tayloredw
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tayloredw Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:30 am

hi aspen, are you having the same problems as me with pictures etc?
tayloredw
tayloredw
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro2001 Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:57 am

I've the same problem.
pedro2001
pedro2001

Back to top Go down

Post by imugli Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:08 am

Same problem here. And seem to have lost my admin rights, but that's another story for another thread...
imugli
imugli

Back to top Go down

Post by tayloredw Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:41 am

I now cant post anything on my wall.. its a shambles, wonder how long it will be before someone gets to sort it out? i wish i had stuck with old ways!!
tayloredw
tayloredw
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tayloredw Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:40 pm

blimey a single thing like changing your langauge settings to AMERICAN ENGLISH/US ENGLISH sorted the problem... obviously some junior on the fb team didnt click 'all languages' when setting up the switch feature...
tayloredw
tayloredw
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aspen Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi Glenn and TL, The problem is still occuring. I am associated with another environmental group and their fanpage which I use to upload relevent stories, photos and links to my site. They seem to be having No problems at all. I can only post written material and still can't switch to my personal page. This problem seems to be going on a bit too long.
aspen
aspen
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by aspen Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:10 am

4 hours later.... Hi Glenn, TL My poblem at last has been sorted Yay
aspen
aspen
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tayloredw Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:22 am

Good news...
tayloredw
tayloredw
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tayloredw Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:23 am

how did you fix it... was it your language settings?
tayloredw
tayloredw
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down