Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Facebook page for church does not have expected layout

3 posters

Go down

New Facebook page for church does not have expected layout Empty New Facebook page for church does not have expected layout

Post by okieman Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Today I went through the basic process of setting up a Facebook page for my church. I thought I followed all the instructions; I'm pretty good with computers etc. After I added all the data like our address, phone, general information, logo, etc. and saved the page, I went back to my default page (my personal page) and typed in the name of the church. What came up did not resemble a normal Facebook page. It looks more like a page offering more options (that I don't want yet) to add to the page. I'm baffled. I went through the checklist provided here at this site of troubleshooting tips and can't find any that help or seem applicable. Other than the fact that I have not tried to monkey with this odd-looking page, and instead just stopped and Googled my way to this forum. I've attached a screen capture. (My PC runs Windows XP Professional and my browser is the latest Firefox.) The upload an image button here didn't like my screen capture even though I shrunk it to the required 800px with, so here is a url ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
okieman
okieman
Rookie

Back to top Go down

New Facebook page for church does not have expected layout Empty Re: New Facebook page for church does not have expected layout

Post by Admin Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Welcome to Facebook forum. Very Happy

Pages were upgraded to this new style no more than a month ago. Admins that already had a page were invited to upgrade (hence the Preview and Upgrade buttons on your screenshot), and new pages (the ones created after the upgrade was on place) will have the new style by default, and there's no way to go back to the old one. Duhhh
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

New Facebook page for church does not have expected layout Empty Re: New Facebook page for church does not have expected layout

Post by okieman Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:53 am

Ok, I understand the upgrade to the new look and I toured the features. My only remaining questions concern how to make things like "Get Started" "Edit Info" and "Edit Page" invisible to the public. I don't know if I'm seeing them because I'm the admin, or because I've overlooked a setting somewhere that conceals these items from the public?
okieman
okieman
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:26 am

Get Started, Edit Info and Edit Page are just visible to the page's admin. Fans and logged out people will not see any of them. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:14 am

Moved from Group/Fan Page/Event Support to Awaiting Reply.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days. Do you still require help?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days, we will assume you have abandoned your request for help, and this thread will be moved to the Abandoned Topics section without further notice.

If you are not the thread starter, please do not post for any help or support on this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by okieman Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Tim,

The page is still not fixed, but the main reason is that the church minister and I are both trying to find time to sit down and work on it. I'll keep a PDF version of this page for my reference, and you can move this thread as described. Thank you for your help.

Moved to solved as requested.
okieman
okieman
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Thanks for letting us know! If you have any other questions don't hesitate to let us know.
Sent to solved
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down