Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-adding friends to secret group

2 posters

Go down

Re-adding friends to secret group Empty Re-adding friends to secret group

Post by goldpress Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:11 am

I am admin for a SECRET group of folks who talk about supporting our troops. One of our "older" members accidentally clicked the LEAVE GROUP link, thinking she was leaving the page. Anyway, we want to add her back into the group. I have searched and searched FB help center but this is all I can find:

To unblock a group member, follow these steps:
1. Click the "See All" link that’s next to "Members" on the right column of the home page.
2. From the "Members" page, click "See All" and a list of all members will appear.
3. Click the "Blocked" option and a list of all blocked members will appear.
4. Click "Remove Block" next to the member’s name that you want to unblock.

When I click on the SEE ALL link, I do see the members, but do NOT see the BLOCKED option. I have even tried making the group OPEN and CLOSED to see if the BLOCKED option would show up, but no go.

Is there ANY WAY for us to add our older friend back into our group discussions? She feels just terrible about this and I'm at my wits end today trying to find out how to contact a real live person at FB to help. Does anyone here have an answer or suggestion?

Thanks for your help,
Rita Very Happy
goldpress
goldpress

Back to top Go down

Re-adding friends to secret group Empty Re: Re-adding friends to secret group

Post by Admin Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Just give her the link to your Group (ie through FB Messages) and she'll be able to join it back...
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by goldpress Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Even if it's a SECRET group?

Thanks for your help.
goldpress
goldpress

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:34 pm

Sorry, didn't have enough time to test my piece of advice before answering yesterday.

If (s)he has volunteerly left the group, (s)he's not blocked. In order to add her back, go to Edit Group => Members => Add Friends to Group. Note that (s)he needs to be a friend of yours to be displayed on your Friends List.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by goldpress Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Actually, we tried that and it didn't work. You can not RE-ADD a friend who has left a group.

What I did was to change the group from SECRET to CLOSED, and then sent a note that the person with the link to the group: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Once she clicked on that link, it asked her if she wanted to join the group. I then saw her request to join pop up in the right column under the MEMBERS pictures. Once she had been re-added, I then changed the group from CLOSED back to SECRET. Worked great!

Thanks again for all your help!!!

- Rita Very Happy
goldpress
goldpress

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the solution with us, and glad it worked out.

Solved. Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down