Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profile pic gets cropped when displayed next to each wall post?

3 posters

Go down

Profile pic gets cropped when displayed next to each wall post? Empty Profile pic gets cropped when displayed next to each wall post?

Post by southwestform Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:17 pm

I have a logo that is horizontal in orientation, and it displays nicely as my main profile pic, however, on my wall, next to each of my posts it shows a cropped version of the logo/profile pic to fit the square orientation for the space that FB allocates.

I have reduced the size of the profile pic in numerous configurations in Photoshop and reuploaded them, though it always does this.

Does anyone know how I can make it look good for both my profile pic and the pic that displays next to each wall post?

Thanks!
southwestform
southwestform
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Profile pic gets cropped when displayed next to each wall post? Empty Re: Profile pic gets cropped when displayed next to each wall post?

Post by Admin Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:20 pm

That's called a thumbnail. A workaround is to have a white gap below your picture and then select that white part as the thumbnail, so that it appears as there was no thumbnail at all since it has the same background color as Facebook's.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Profile pic gets cropped when displayed next to each wall post? Empty Re: Profile pic gets cropped when displayed next to each wall post?

Post by southwestform Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:06 pm

1. I just went back into Photoshop and added some blank white space underneath the logo. Is this what you mean?

2. Do you mean to then select the white part I just created and choose that portion to be the profile pic when it lets me select the part of the image?

3. Strangely, when I upload it to FB and choose to make it my profile pic, it prompts me if I want to do it, though it is not giving me the option to choose which part of the image I want as the profile pic?

Thanks for you help and patience!!!!!
southwestform
southwestform
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Forgot to move this. Tongue Moved from General to Photos Support.

Here's an example => [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can pick your thumbnail after having selcting the file, waiting until the upload is done, refreshing the page, and clicking on 'Edit thumbnail' below your picture. Drag it to the white part of the photo.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by southwestform Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:03 am

I almost have the entire logo shown in the thumbnail, though it is still cropping a bit of it. I have made the length of the white space/gap under it pretty long, and I keep making it longer and testing it, and making it longer, etc. though I think I've reached the point where it is not making a difference anymore. Is there anything else I can do? Is there a way to scale the image within the thumbnail area?

Thanks for your help!!!!
southwestform
southwestform
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:04 am

Please leave the link to your page and the link to the original size logo and I'll see what I can do. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by southwestform Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Link to the page:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have changed the size of the logo sooooo many times to get it to work. The current size is
w=208 h=337

The height does not need to be that long, I have it this way to create the gap that you suggested to me.

Thank you!

Last edited by southwestform on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to mention something)
southwestform
southwestform
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:42 pm

That logo already works => [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Remeber to click the Edit thumbnail link below your picture (on Edit Page => Profile Picture). Then drag the image to the top until all you see is a white image. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by southwestform Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Does the logo need to be as long as I have it? a small amount is still being cropped on the side even after moving it.
southwestform
southwestform
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:49 am

I'm using the same logo you have on your page on my testing page and it worked... so the same image should work for you as well.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:04 pm

This topic has been moved from Photos & Videos Support to Awaiting Reply since the Original Poster has not replied within a week. If the Original Poster does not reply within 3 days, this will then be moved to Abandoned. Please, only the OP may reply. If you have a similar problem, please create another topic instead.
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down