Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cropped profile photo in status posts

2 posters

Go down

Cropped profile photo in status posts Empty Cropped profile photo in status posts

Post by Scriptwriter Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:44 am

Our business page logo is cropped in our posts, which doesn't look very professional. Is there any way around this? The only thing I can find on Facebook Help about this is that you can move the profile pic (ie the logo in this case) around in an edit window to determine which bits get cropped, but I'd like the whole logo to appear. Is there any way of doing this? Any advice greatly received.
Scriptwriter
Scriptwriter
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Cropped profile photo in status posts Empty Re: Cropped profile photo in status posts

Post by DragonSearch Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:47 am

You might want to resize the image itself to be smaller so all of it can be contained within the thumbnail. You can crop profile images and control how they look on the page but not the thumbnail. Does that make sense?
DragonSearch
DragonSearch
Regular

Back to top Go down

Cropped profile photo in status posts Empty Re: Cropped profile photo in status posts

Post by Scriptwriter Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Thanks for your reply, DragonSearch. So it is possible for the whole logo to fit in the thumbnail if you make the profile pic small enough? If you do this does it still look OK as a profile pic, or will it be tiny?
Scriptwriter
Scriptwriter
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonSearch Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:37 pm

It all depends on your logo. Logos should be clear an identifiable in the first place. I'm not sure what this logo looks like but I can tell you that the thumbnail should be the least of your worries. I'd worry more about the appearance of the page. If you have a clearly identifiable logo that is unique, you don't have to worry about how it appears in the thumbnail, as most people will automatically identify the logo with said company. ^MV
DragonSearch
DragonSearch
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Scriptwriter Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks, DragonSearch. I'm going to experiment with a very high resolution thumbnail size profile pic and see if that automatically resizes upwards when it appears as a profile pic, if you get what I mean. Hopefully (if that works) the high res will mean it doesn't look fuzzy and pixalated.
Scriptwriter
Scriptwriter
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down