Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Code supplied when creating a badge causes a page error when clicked on

2 posters

Go down

Code supplied when creating a badge causes a page error when clicked on Empty Code supplied when creating a badge causes a page error when clicked on

Post by Tanyati Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:51 am

I am updating a website for a friend and want to include a link to her FB page. She created the badge and sent me the code, but when I insert that into her website and click on it, it gives an error "This content is currently unavailable". I did the same on my own website for my own badge and FB page and it worked perfectly. Please help.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tanyati
Tanyati
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Code supplied when creating a badge causes a page error when clicked on Empty Re: Code supplied when creating a badge causes a page error when clicked on

Post by Admin Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Are there any age restrictions in your page? Check on Edit Page => Manage Settings => Age Restrictions.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Code supplied when creating a badge causes a page error when clicked on Empty Re: Code supplied when creating a badge causes a page error when clicked on

Post by Tanyati Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi there. Are you talking about the FB page? I suspect there might be - I'll ask her to check.
Tanyati
Tanyati
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:51 pm

Tanyati wrote:Are you talking about the FB page?
Indeed I am. Whoever admins the page needs to make sure there are no age restrictions so that everybody (logged in or out people) can see that page.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanyati Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:47 am

OK, I am going to sound REALLY stupid here, but I cannot find the "Edit Page" that you are talking about.
Tanyati
Tanyati
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanyati Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:09 am

Hiya. She has a normal profile, not a page. We cannot find the option to edit the page on her profile. Could it have something to do with how she has set up her profile?
Tanyati
Tanyati
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:46 pm

My apologizes... I thought we were talking about a page here, and completely overread the "Badge" part. Dork

You can't see her profile because she's underage. People under 18 don't have public profiles, so whenever you try to visit them while being logged out you'll get an error message. If you're logged in though, her profile will be displayed properly.

And no, there's no way to change that. Until she turns 18, this will work this way, unless she edits her DOB... although that'd be cheating. Tongue
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanyati Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:40 am

Hi there. Aha! Allrightythen! That makes sense. I'll let her know that she needs to wait a couple of years and then I will be able to link her page on her website to her FB profile. Thanks for your help, even if we were barking up the wrong tree for a while. At least I got to learn what a page was! Happy
Tanyati
Tanyati
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Haha, no problem. I'll make sure to bark at the right tree next time. Tongue
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down