Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Page Badge: How to edit "Your Text Here"

2 posters

Go down

Fan Page Badge: How to edit "Your Text Here" Empty Fan Page Badge: How to edit "Your Text Here"

Post by metta Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:27 am

On the right hand side of my fan page a small badge displays and under the image in the badge it says, "Your Text Here":
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Sorry, I don't know how to do a screen capture.)

I've looked high and low and can't find any way to edit this text.

Does anyone know how/where to edit this text in this badge?

Thanks,
Metta
metta
metta
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Fan Page Badge: How to edit "Your Text Here" Empty Re: Fan Page Badge: How to edit "Your Text Here"

Post by Admin Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:58 pm

Those are Facebook Ads. Facebook wants you to create an ad and, to make it more 'attractive' to you, they put that box at the right of your page. Only you can see it, though.

Facebook Ads cost money, so I doubt you'll like to pay for one! Tongue
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Fan Page Badge: How to edit "Your Text Here" Empty Many thanks! * Quick question....

Post by metta Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Thanks! I never could figure this out.....so I really appreciate your prompt help and clarification. Very Happy

Also, you're right: I have no intention of purchasing an ad for this fan page....and I have another question now.....

I'm wondering how other people react to this sort of thing: my general impression, based on my limited experience with Facebook so far, is that the site is relatively non-intuitive, not easy to customize and not very user friendly. This advertising offer, posing as a widget, is a perfect example of the kind of thing I find so frustrating. Sad

In general, I am not one to gripe and moan, but do other people find this kind of thing to be annoying, or is it just me?

In confess, I'm working on an attitude adjustment now by trying to learn more about FB and how it works Wink -- but it has surprised me how many times I've bumped into the things about FB (like this blind ad) that have been either irritating or hard-to-figure out -- or both!

...and with the monumental global following that FB has garnered, I've been surprised that I've never seen any comments anywhere about the problems with FB's non-intuitive user-interface and their inadequate help system.

[Later] The thought just now occurred to me that the presence of THIS forum may, in fact, be evidence that others HAVE been equally as frustrated as I! Otherwise, this kind of forum wouldn't be necessary, right? Wink

Either way, I'll be interested in your thoughts!

Thanks again! Very Happy

Last edited by metta on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
metta
metta
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Fan Page Badge: How to edit "Your Text Here" Empty Re: Fan Page Badge: How to edit "Your Text Here"

Post by Admin Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:25 pm

You're pretty much right... Facebook should definitely stop being so self-centered and doing what their techs think looks better or cooler, and to start listening to what their users have to say. For a newbie, using Facebook can be a pain... so IMO, Facebook should definitely choose a much simpler style or layout for them.

Still, I'm at the same time kind of happy that Facebook is difficult to use for some people... then they come here to ask us! That's the good part, at least Tongue

By the way, this is more of a 'help only' section, not really the place to debate what people think about Facebook. I suggest you open up a new topic on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] section for us to discuss in there.

Problem solved, I assume?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by metta Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:50 pm

Absolutely! Problem solved.... Very Happy

And, my apologies for posting my frustration in the wrong place....Still learning my way around here and, quite honestly, I don't really feel the need to gripe or debate any more than I've already done. It already helped to vent a little bit here, and have you sympathize Wink -- and now I'll get back to learning more about how to work with what FB does have to offer.

In the meantime, I agree: it's great if our FB frustrations eventually bring us here, for you to provide support, but what's in it for you?
-- Do you provide any FB-related services that we can support?
-- Or, do you accept donations?
metta
metta
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:02 pm

We do take donations, but we give free support. If someone really feels like we've helped a lot, they can donate, but it's not obligatory. If you want and have a paypal account, you can donate to us using your PayPal account to [removed]. It's always appreciated, and you will also become a Gold Member by doing so (you'll get a golden color, a custom rank, etc.)

Thanks a lot for sharing your opinions!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down