Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

facebook fan page app won't work, error 102 or secure url problem

3 posters

Go down

facebook fan page app won't work, error 102 or secure url problem Empty facebook fan page app won't work, error 102 or secure url problem

Post by orange82 Mon May 16, 2011 11:56 am

Hi-

I am new at facebook and have the need to create a facebook app associated with the fan page I manage. I created the required html document with a width of 520 px per the directions I'd read. after inputting all of the required data when prompted to do so, I ended up with a tab that doesn't work. the fanpage address is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The content is being housed here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The app/tab in question is the "music downloads" tab on the left of the fanpage.

when i click this new tab I get this message: Please update your secure tab URL. After reading what the secure url is about, i went back and corrected it so the secure url by adding an s after http. Then i got this error message:

Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection.

Bottom line is, how do I correctly fill out the delveloper forms, specifically for the URL input areas? Or is it another problem?

Thanks.
orange82
orange82

Back to top Go down

facebook fan page app won't work, error 102 or secure url problem Empty Re: facebook fan page app won't work, error 102 or secure url problem

Post by Admin Mon May 16, 2011 2:42 pm

I think you missed the .com for the second URL. Isn't it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?

As for the HTTPS issue, you need to have a SSL certificate on your host; and that costs money. You don't need a secure URL though, an HTTP works. Make sure to fill these fields correctly.

On Facebook Integration Tab, Canvas.

- Canvas Page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Canvas URL: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Secure Canvas URL: Leave this field blank.
- IFrame Size: Show scrollbars
- Bookmark URL: Leave this field blank.

Page Tabs.

- Tab Name: Download
- Tab URL: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Secure Tab URL: Leave blank.
- Edit URL: Leave blank.

It should work then.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

facebook fan page app won't work, error 102 or secure url problem Empty Re: facebook fan page app won't work, error 102 or secure url problem

Post by orange82 Mon May 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Thanks. I think I followed your instructions however I got an error 404 page afterward. Perhaps I made an error elsewhere.

To summarize:
the fanpage address is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The html document which contains the document can be found at this url: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The app/tab in question is the "free download" tab on the left of the fanpage.

I'd attach screenshots except I can't figure out who to. Perhaps I made an error on another page? The "website" input page? I'm lost.

Thanks in advance for any help.
orange82
orange82

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 17, 2011 6:09 pm

That's because [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] does not exist.

"Oops! Google Chrome could not find [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

You're missing the .com at the end of the domain and before the directory => [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Correct the Canvas URL and Tab URL fields and add the .com. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by orange82 Tue May 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Thanks again for advising me about the missing .com.
I had to start from scratch and create a new app (long story
and not that interesting) but I took your suggestions and
input the fields as directed. I got a 404 error.

Forgive me for asking, but could you have one more look at this?
I'm guessing I've still made an error in the canvas URL area but I'm
not sure what that error could be.

I renamed the page that houses the content that I'd like to import into
the tab's iframe. It can now be found at this url:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's what I placed in the input boxes per your earlier direction:

On Facebook Integration Tab, Canvas.

- Canvas Page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Canvas URL: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Secure Canvas URL: Leave this field blank.
- IFrame Size: Show scrollbars
- Bookmark URL: Leave this field blank.

Page Tabs.

- Tab Name: Download
- Tab URL: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Secure Tab URL: Leave blank.
- Edit URL: Leave blank.

About page:
Application name: Download

Website page:
Site URL: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shouldn't there be a place for
"http://www.johnwicksandtherecords.com/facebookdownload.html"
somewhere on app input forms? Seems to me it should be
somewhere, but I'm not at all sure where.

Thanks so much for your patience advising me.
orange82
orange82

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Sun May 29, 2011 8:17 am

This topic has been moved from Games and Applications Support to Awaiting Reply since the Original Poster has not replied within a week. If after 3 days the OP does not reply, this will then be moved to Abandoned. Please, only the Original Poster may reply.

If you have a similar problem, kindly create another thread.
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down