Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat problems

3 posters

Go down

Chat problems Empty Chat problems

Post by shahbazi Tue May 24, 2011 12:05 pm

i also have this problem. iv had it for around 2 months now, and have contacted facebook multiple times with no reply. i cannot send/receive messages on chat, and also can not access my facebook personal messages either. i dont know what to do next
shahbazi
shahbazi
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Chat problems Empty Chat wont work + messages wont work

Post by shahbazi Tue May 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi, my facebook has now been broken for over 2 months. My chat does not allow me to send or receive messages. If i try send a message to a friend via chat then i get this message "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again.". Also, if i try access my messages i get this error "Something went wrong, but we're working to fix it as soon as we can. Please try again later." As i said, iv had this issue for over 2 months now, and have contacted facebook and reported the problem numerous times over a month ago, and have had no reply. If i log into another computer, the same problem occurs, meaning its not an issue on my side. Anybody got any tips on what to do next? i dont really want to delete the account due to photos etc. Thanks
shahbazi
shahbazi
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Chat problems Empty Re: Chat problems

Post by Ruby Tue May 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Post split from other topics and threads merged;

Can you confirm that you can actually log into Facebook and if so what URL do you use?

Does where you end up actually look like Facebook and what you are expecting to see and find ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shahbazi Tue May 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Yes i am definatly logging into facebook. im using [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the site is all functioning, apart from chat and messages as stated above
shahbazi
shahbazi
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shahbazi Thu May 26, 2011 8:57 am

bump
shahbazi
shahbazi
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shahbazi Mon May 30, 2011 8:37 am

....bump again
shahbazi
shahbazi
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm

I'm sorry you had to wait this long for an answer. Duhhh

Unfortunately, since we're an unofficial support forum, we can't do much about general Facebook bugs and glitches apart from detecting and reporting them. Fixing them is up to the Facebook's Developers Team.

You said you have already reported this to Facebook multiple times. How exactly? What form did you fill out?

By the way, from my sincere point of view, Facebook Chat isn't that good. Same for messages... often times I get error messages for undelivered posts as well, and even though Facebook has tried fixing its stability several times, it wasn't good enough to get it to work properly for all of us. They both require, as all chatboxes found online, not-easy-at-all coding languages that just never work so well.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down