Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When inviting friends to an event, I can't see my full friends lists

+2
Tim
jacobsjeff@gmail.com
6 posters

Go down

When inviting friends to an event, I can't see my full friends lists Empty When inviting friends to an event, I can't see my full friends lists

Post by jacobsjeff@gmail.com Mon May 16, 2011 3:22 pm

Firstly, thank you in advance for your help.

When inviting friends to a Facebook event, I used to be able to see all my friends list on the drop-down menu. Now it only lets me choose from the first 20 lists. The latter 30 do not even show up. (I have 50 lists in total)

I have tried re-naming the lists, but the same 20 lists always show up. This problem started in April '11, and has been happening for about a month. I have tried using various browsers for Mac and PC. Nothing works.

As a performing musician, it is imperative that I am able to select from these lists. I have included a screenshot of what I am experiencing. If anybody has any insight, I would greatly appreciate your help! Below is a screenshot of my issue...

Thank you so much!
List-less in Louisiana

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jacobsjeff@gmail.com
jacobsjeff@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

When inviting friends to an event, I can't see my full friends lists Empty Re: When inviting friends to an event, I can't see my full friends lists

Post by Tim Tue May 17, 2011 3:05 am

Hello,

Seems like it may be a Facebook bug. Judging from the screenshot though, it looks like the list may actually be appearing below the screen. If you set your resolution higher (ie. so more shows up on your screen), do more lists appear?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

When inviting friends to an event, I can't see my full friends lists Empty Re: When inviting friends to an event, I can't see my full friends lists

Post by jacobsjeff@gmail.com Tue May 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks for the insight, but it's not a screen resolution issue. No matter what resolution I set my screen to, the invite window only shows a maximum of 20 friends lists. As you can see, the friends lists ends at "Gigs Z California" and then goes into my groups (starting with "South Shore Entertainment") There should be 30 more friends lists here.

Is anyone else experiencing this bug, or is it just me?

Thanks!
jacobsjeff@gmail.com
jacobsjeff@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ruthyuke Sun May 22, 2011 7:37 pm

I am also a musician in the same boat. Pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to invite a specific list (my hometown fans!) to an event. It just so happens, the 20 lists that FB chooses to make available are the ones I hardly ever use. And they're not even the first 20 alphabetically! That would make it too easy (I could just rename my more important lists with an A at the beginning.)

Please keep me posted if/when this is resolved!
ruthyuke
ruthyuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue May 24, 2011 1:51 am

Hm, seems like it may be a bug then. Try submitting a bug report using the following link
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

When inviting friends to an event, I can't see my full friends lists Empty same problem here...

Post by soblivious Tue May 24, 2011 8:24 am

not sure of a way around this ...it used to work but as with other folk here the only lists showing are ones I rarely use
Has anyone heard anything or got a fix.... it's going to mean a lot of empty seats at shows
best wishes
john
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
soblivious
soblivious

Back to top Go down

Post by musicland Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:58 pm

After a while of confusion with no answers found anywhere, i noticed what is actually going on. The lists being displayed are the 20 most recently created. So the workaround is to create a new list mimicking your old one, and move everyone to it. Annoying, to be sure.. time consuming when your lists are extensive. Potentially endlessly repetitive if you regularly invite people from more than 20 lists (i.e. if you're a touring band). But as of right now it's the only way i see possible. FB is needlessly retarded for not allowing you to view more than the 20 most recent friend lists. Why make things difficult by being so arbitrary??? I never understand why massive social networks are so incompetent, unless they are doing it on purpose to restrict the convenience they also provide.
musicland
musicland

Back to top Go down

Post by drumboy808 Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:26 pm

I know what you mean. I too am an active touring musician and have lists for many places around the world. Facebook needs to fix this, please!!
drumboy808
drumboy808

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:22 am

Thanks musicland for letting us know what's happening.

The more people that submit a bug report, the higher chance Facebook will take action to resolve it.

Please note though that Facebook will not notify you when the problem is resolved, so we'll need to keep checking back for the problem status.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down