Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues Inviting friends to An event

4 posters

Go down

Issues Inviting friends to An event Empty Issues Inviting friends to An event

Post by jrraw23 Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:29 am

I put on Off-Road motor sporting events and make facebook events all the time.

This particular time - Made an event, sent out initial invites (which brings the "you know what" by the way, I had right at 3k worth of friends at the time wish you could just select all and invite all at once)

anyway so sent out the initial invites - little over 3k worth, no probs they all went out.

I have a bunch of friends that support what I do, and usually send out invites to their friends as well.

It's an open event where anyone can invite anyone . . . but when anybody tries to select all their friends and hits invite it says friend requests sent but never sends them . . . been trying with different people's accounts to invite friends for over 5 days now, it always lets you highlight everyone, click invite, says requests sent . . . but never actually does it.

I even went back myself ( between friend requests and me adding people I usually get around 50 new friends a day) and tried to invite new friends I had made since when i first sent out the initial 3k or so invites - these were people that never got the initial invite - but it does the same for me now too and I'm the admin . . . just says friends requests sent but never sends them . . . .

Any ideas? Thanks,

~Ricky B
jrraw23
jrraw23
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Issues Inviting friends to An event Empty Re: Issues Inviting friends to An event

Post by StevenF50 Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:31 pm

This could be to do with sending a certain amount of invites sending too many may make facebook think your spamming people with requests maybe just give the invites a break for a bit.
StevenF50
StevenF50
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Issues Inviting friends to An event Empty Re: Issues Inviting friends to An event

Post by Ruby Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:34 pm

You may find a read of this informative

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You do need to be careful of how many messages you sent at one time; others on here have found themselves banned from Facebook for a period of time due to sending too many messages at one go .......
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jrraw23 Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:15 pm

This could be to do with sending a certain amount of invites sending too many may make facebook think your spamming people with requests maybe just give the invites a break for a bit.

Might be, makes me angry though because I get event invites all the time from those stupid make money on google events and if you look at there attending counters they've sent out over 40,000 invites and i tried what, maybe 5 thousand

I tried about a two day break in between inviting and it didn't make a difference . . . I might make a new event, and try again - the real bad part is this is a memorial benefit for a local cause and I'm trying to help the cause by doing the event for them and giving them 100% of the gate.

Completely unrelated yet similar note - This is why I don't like doing business with anyone unless i know i can take the issue back to a physical person that I've spoken to before I purchased the product so if theres a problem with the product I can go back to that person, cause otherwise everytime you get screwed or If you can actually talk to someone on the phone it's some idiot across the globe that has no idea what he's doing trying answer your questions from a troubleshooting script . . . sorry ranting on . . . just angry, especially since facebook has no customer support . . . no we don't pay to use facebook, but heck yes they make money off us using there product for selling advertising slots to business's, without us (users) they'd have nothing, so they should have to provide support for their product since we're providing their means for income . . .

ruby1 wrote:You may find a read of this informative

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You do need to be careful of how many messages you sent at one time; others on here have found themselves banned from Facebook for a period of time due to sending too many messages at one go .......

Thanks . . . but I haven't sent out any messages, just event invites, which like I mentioned above, I can literally go get a link and paste it on here to plenty of the spam event invites I've gotten on facebook that have tens of thousands of people they've spam invited, why am I having to deal with this at only a few thousand people.

Sorry I know this isn't any of you guys fault, and you're just trying to help, I'm just very angry right now . . . gotta spend all night tonight driving around putting out the big 4x8 road signs . . . spent all last night making them . . . not running on much sleep, good thing I'm sponsored by Monster >:-(
jrraw23
jrraw23
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Do you mean you have sent out 'event invites' via Facebook?

Of interest how many?

They may also class that as 'spamming' .........
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jrraw23 Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:31 pm

ruby1 wrote:Do you mean you have sent out 'event invites' via Facebook?

Of interest how many?

Yea I sent out about 3 thousand event invites, which is nothing, usually when I do events (one or two a month) between my "friends" and my friends "friends" we can hit 6 to 7 thousand local people with event invites

but like I said there are plenty of those spam events that have tens of thousands of people invited . . .
jrraw23
jrraw23
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenF50 Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:03 am

Yeah but facebook sometimes let you get away with it, it also depends how frequently you send invites and also how many people ignore them, sending invites frequently and people ignoring them well make facebook think spammer.
StevenF50
StevenF50
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:18 am

jrraw23 wrote:

Of interest how many?

Yea I sent out about 3 thousand event invites, which is nothing, usually when I do events (one or two a month) between my "friends" and my friends "friends" we can hit 6 to 7 thousand local people with event invites

but like I said there are plenty of those spam events that have tens of thousands of people invited . . .

In what time period did you send that lot?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jrraw23 Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:32 pm

StevenF50 wrote:Yeah but facebook sometimes let you get away with it, it also depends how frequently you send invites and also how many people ignore them, sending invites frequently and people ignoring them well make facebook think spammer.

Well I mean I will say this is the biggest positive "I am attending" response I've had from any of my events, starting to get bigger and bigger each time. idk bout the ignoring thing it doesn't tell me when people do that.

ruby1 wrote:
jrraw23 wrote:

Of interest how many?

In what time period did you send that lot?

All at once, but once again thats the norm, and not only that but I usually send my other friends "friends" invites within an hour or so, this is what's making me so ticked about it, I do this about once or twice month depending on the events, and have never had issues before and am not doing anything out of the ordinary - ie: this has always worked before.
jrraw23
jrraw23
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenF50 Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:37 am

When did you last send invites before that set?
StevenF50
StevenF50
Frequent Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jrraw23 Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:43 am

StevenF50 wrote:When did you last send invites before that set?

bout two weeks, same as usual, I think I may have just hit a glitch, Tomorrow we are just going to take care of it ourselves. One of my affiliated organizations I work with has a fan page we're probably gonna remake the event via his fan page then re-invite everybody with a message along the lines of "sorry if you got invited twice, the original page had a glitch"

Only bout half the people will get double invites, but the other 2 to 3 thousand that haven't been informed of the event will at least have the info and know about it, since we aren't quite big enough to afford the several thousand dollar radio advertisements online advertising such as this is extremely important.
jrraw23
jrraw23
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:25 am

Please let us know within 3 days if you still need help with this ; thanks
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jrraw23 Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 am

Na, it randomly freed up and let us do our thing, preciate the input, idk what was keeping it all locked up but it must haveknown I was about to delete it and freed up, Geez
jrraw23
jrraw23
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:52 am

==> Solved

==> Locked

>>Moved to solved section

Last edited by ruby1 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down