Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanpage username problem

2 posters

Go down

Fanpage username problem Empty Fanpage username problem

Post by dstoltz Sat May 28, 2011 8:53 pm

I finally have enough fans to create a username for my fan page.

It's now [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But the problem is, when you go to that link, it appears it goes to MY personal FB page, not the fan page. I created the username while editing the fan page, so what did I do wrong?

Any help appreciated. I can't believe I'm so dumb when it comes to FB. Geez, I'm getting old...

Thanks!
Dave
dstoltz
dstoltz
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Fanpage username problem Empty Re: Fanpage username problem

Post by Admin Sat May 28, 2011 8:58 pm

This has been asked lots of times already, so you're not getting old. Tongue

You have probably confused your profile's username with your page's. The solution:

First, you need to go to Account => Account Settings => username and change your current username. You'll need to wait from 6 to 14 days until it gets available again (that doesn't happen automatically, unfortunately).

Once you've waited enough, go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and select the desired username for your page. It should be available; if it's not, then you'll need to wait 3 more days and keep your fingers crossed. Tongue
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dstoltz Sat May 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Ok, I've changed my username.

When I go to facebook.com/username it says I'm using facebook as my fan page name, and to continue, I will have to continue as "my name"...so I do...

Then is says to select a page name - I select the fan page name, and then I can enter a username, no?

This seems to be what I did last time. I remember selecing the name of my fan page, so I'm not sure how the username got saved for my profile username...?

dstoltz
dstoltz
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 28, 2011 9:30 pm

You could have made a mistake last time. If you select your page from the list and then type a username for it, it all should work properly. Remember you'll need to do that in 6 days at least.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dstoltz Sun May 29, 2011 12:56 am

Ok - thanks for the help. I appreciate it ;-)
dstoltz
dstoltz
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down