Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird problems with account?!?

2 posters

Go down

Weird problems with account?!? Empty Weird problems with account?!?

Post by Candy Singh Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:27 pm

My account recently got hacked a couple of days back and the hacker changed my email so now it just shows up some other weird email in asterisks which I have no idea of.But then I went to the facebook security question option from the 'no longer have access to these' and then when I try to answer my security question it says incorrect?!?? I am pretty sure I remember the answer so I'm wondering that can the question be changed? and my account is deactivated right now,does that make a difference?
Candy Singh
Candy Singh

Back to top Go down

Weird problems with account?!? Empty Re: Weird problems with account?!?

Post by Ruby Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Candy Singh wrote:My account recently got hacked a couple of days back

How many computers do you use to access Facebook and what, if any Protection, is on them ?

Do you leave the computer turned on or do you log off completely when you are not with it ?

and the hacker changed my email so now it just shows up some other weird email in asterisks which I have no idea of
You will have had an email notification about this?

What, if anything ,did you do with that email ?
[quote]
But then I went to the facebook security question option from the 'no longer have access to these' and then when I try to
answer my security question it says incorrect?!?? I am pretty sure I remember the answer so I'm wondering that can the question be changed?

If the hacker has changed the Security Questions on the account then no, you will not know the answers!!; I assume you did not get an email notification about the Security question changes?

and my account is deactivated right now,does that make a difference?

What do you mean by 'the account is deactivated'?

Do you still have access to the email address you did have associated with the Facebook account?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Singh Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:39 am

Umm I only use 2 laptops in my home and both of them have the same wi-fi connection which is secure and i have an avast antivirus installed,is it good?yh and i log off completely.

Was this you? If not, your account may have been attacked by a hacker or a scam. If you believe someone initiated this process without your permission you can disable your account while we help you resolve this issue by clicking this link:

^i got this thing so i went on the roadblock link and locked my account...account deactivated as in my facebook account is deactivated i checked through my friends account...
Candy Singh
Candy Singh

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Singh Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:41 am

yup i recovered my email through the mobile phone but now my facebook account is associated with something else and i thought that its not possible to change fb security question?
Candy Singh
Candy Singh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Candy Singh wrote:but now my facebook account is associated with something else
Someone else's email address?

and i thought that its not possible to change fb security question?
It is but apparently they can only be changed once

i recovered my email through the mobile phone

What email notifications from Facebook are in that email account that was associated with Facebook ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Singh Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:33 am

Can I update my account's security question?
We want to make sure that your account and the information in it stays safe, so once you set up a security question on your account there’s no way to update it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

^I found this on the facebook help center and now I am still puzzled as to why I cant answer my security question when I know the answer it always says fail after 3 tries...does the account being deactivated affect this option in any way?
Candy Singh
Candy Singh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:22 pm

up i recovered my email through the mobile phone but now my facebook account is associated with something else

You mean there is another email address( not yours) now associated with the account?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down