Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having Major Problems with account!

2 posters

Go down

Having Major Problems with account! Empty Having Major Problems with account!

Post by bongle Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:18 pm

Hiya i had signed up to the login approvals via my mobile phone recently which has been working fine with no problems but last night i got an email saying........... You recently removed your primary phone from your account. Since you have login approvals turned on, you could get locked out when using an unrecognised computer or mobile device to log in.

I had not opened this email because i was in bed at the time but only noticed it this morning when i went through the hassle of trying to log in and couldnt. When i logged in this morning it said ..............
Someone recently tried to log in to your account from an unrecognized computer or mobile device. Because you enabled login approvals, your account is temporarily locked.

Please complete the following steps to regain access to your account. So i follows the steps and changes my password then when i tried to log in with my new password it says the same thing over and over again. I didnt remove the primary phone but i cant get into my account to put my phone back on it! i am so annoyed because i cant access it if someone could help that would be great x
bongle
bongle
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Having Major Problems with account! Empty Re: Having Major Problems with account!

Post by Ruby Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Question might be; have you checked your email for any from Facebook about a password change?

Also we do hope you have all devises that connect to the internet protected so that you have run scans to check for infections happy
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Having Major Problems with account! Empty Re: Having Major Problems with account!

Post by bongle Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:39 pm

I havn't had any other emails apart from the first one saying i'd removed the primary phone from my account (which i hadn't). Yes everything is protected and ive ran another scan today to check and its all ok. Ive restarted, cleared my cache, requested a new password and still no luck it keeps saying after the inital - someone recently tried to log in from an unrecognized computer or mobile.........page that i have no phone listed on my account and please log in from a recognised device to regain access to my account.....how frustrating !

Ive looked at my fb page from my daughters and it looks fine doesnt seem to be anything different there, do you think ive been hacked? x
bongle
bongle
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:26 pm

bongle wrote:I havn't had any other emails apart from the first one saying i'd removed the primary phone from my account (which i hadn't).
And how did you respond to that email ?

Yes everything is protected and ive ran another scan today to check and its all ok

With what programs ?

do you think ive been hacked? x
Yes probably but now you have to find the weak link in the Protection chain and find out what has 'failed' Sad
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bongle Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Well I didn't respond to the first email about removing the primary phone because i hadnt actually seen it until after the failed login when i was waiting for an email back regarding changing my password.
My computer is protected with McAfee and i'm just doing another full scan on it now so far its clean. Wish i had never used the mobile phone login system seems silly now!

Do you know if i will have to set up another account or not? will my proper fb be back? I dont really want to because its a lot of hassle and ive worked hard on some of my games x
bongle
bongle
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bongle Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi all ive found a solution (hopefully) i opened a new email account then went through the security question which i set up through fb and it now says ive proved my identity and to come back in 24 hrs using my new email and password..................ill let u know if it works, thanks again x
bongle
bongle
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:55 am

bongle wrote:Well I didn't respond to the first email about removing the primary phone because i hadnt actually seen it until after the failed login when i was waiting for an email back regarding changing my password.

SOOO...your dilema now is

Do you now respond to that email and tell Facebook you did not make that change/or leave it alone and carry on as you are

What do you wish to do as then you will have two facebook accounts if you get the original one back

Plus, you do need to ensure you are not on an infected computer !!

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bongle Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:26 pm

What i'm gonna do is keep my account but take the mobile thing off when i log in and also take anyone off my list who i added through certain games. I have ran two fulls scans and they are both clear nothing is infected and ive also checked my page from my daughters account and everything seems fine with it.

Thanks for ur help ill let you know how i get on x
bongle
bongle
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:13 pm

I will send this to Solved

but of course you can repost if you find yourself in Problems again !!
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down