Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My account is temporarily locked

2 posters

Go down

My account is temporarily locked Empty My account is temporarily locked

Post by briannotbbrain Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:15 pm

Just a short trip up the West coast out of state was apparently enough to trigger this FB security feature with the message below. I am only offered one verification method and that's my birthdate. That's the first and only question that appears. Unfortunately, I don't recall what date birthdate I entered when I originally set up the FB account (didn't think the real date was any of their business). Odd thing is the first logon from my present location was accepted. It was only after I logged out and tried to logon again that this happened.

Your account is temporarily locked.
We don't recognize the device you're using. Please answer a few security questions to keep your account safe.

Security Check
To confirm that this is your account, please enter your birthday.
Birthday:
Or, try logging into Facebook from a device you've logged in with before.

I have read about other verification methods such as friends photo verification, but have not been offered this. I don't even know if this method still exists. I sent an email to FB and got an automated response that they would get back to me soon, but I am not hopeful. I am open to any suggestions.

briannotbbrain
briannotbbrain

Back to top Go down

My account is temporarily locked Empty Re: My account is temporarily locked

Post by Ruby Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:47 pm

briannotbbrain wrote:Just a short trip up the West coast out of state was apparently enough to trigger this FB security feature

Unfortunately this is a normal practice of Facebook ; they expect you to log in at the same or similar place each time and they know when you do not!!!

Have you yet tried to log in on your' normal' location ??

with the message below. I am only offered one verification method and that's my birthdate. That's the first and only question that appears. Unfortunately, I don't recall what date birthdate I entered when I originally set up the FB account (didn't think the real date was any of their business).

it is their business as they expect you to tell them what it is !!

your account is temporarily locked.
We don't recognize the device you're using. Please answer a few security questions to keep your account safe.

Maybe ignore and try to log in from your normal location?

. I sent an email to FB and got an automated response that they would get back to me soon, but I am not hopeful. I am open to any suggestions.

how long ago did you send that email ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:32 pm

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down