Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issue with posting as group name instead of personal username

3 posters

Go down

Issue with posting as group name instead of personal username Empty Issue with posting as group name instead of personal username

Post by KoldBreeze.mistingfans Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:28 am

[b]I have a question regarding messaging for groups.

I am the admin of more than 1 group on facebook and for the past year I've been incorrectly posting to these group's wall feeds as they are going under as posts for my personal username.

All of the groups I've created/admin have more than 25 members each. Nowhere can I find in the settings the ability to change my name in these groups to follow the group's title.

It was not until this past week when I co-admin'd a couple other people that one of them was able to accomplish this. I have yet to hear from this individual as he hyperlinked an event within the body of his post.

This message hit all member's wall feeds instantly in this design.

This is a group, not a fan page. I'm realizing that the group has far less functionality than the fan pages as I'm using FB Photo Fetcher and I cannot pull feeds from those groups, only fan pages. Any pictures uploaded into the groups that don't come from my original albums, I can't pull those images back to the plugin installed at the main website.

I have drop down settings to post under the group's name...and I constantly see this done on almost every group out there.

Help would be greatly appreciated. I checked all kinds of topics on here related to groups...one link led me to fan pages of mine. I never built them because I figured the "groups" design was a better match for the followers of the local happenings the groups I created, share.

KoldBreeze.mistingfans
KoldBreeze.mistingfans

Back to top Go down

Issue with posting as group name instead of personal username Empty Re: Issue with posting as group name instead of personal username

Post by Tim Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:35 pm

Hello,

As far as I'm aware you cannot post as the group name (like in fan pages) - you can only post as your personal account.

KoldBreeze.mistingfans wrote:It was not until this past week when I co-admin'd a couple other people that one of them was able to accomplish this. I have yet to hear from this individual as he hyperlinked an event within the body of his post.
Could you kindly provide a link to that group (and/or any other groups that have seemingly done this)?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Issue with posting as group name instead of personal username Empty Re: Issue with posting as group name instead of personal username

Post by KoldBreeze.mistingfans Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:05 am

Thanks for your response.

Here's the group:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4th post down, it 'worked' when the event was posted in regards to the christmas walk.

So, knowing now that I can't do hardly anything with a group, I created a page, which is the fix for the problem I posted about.

But, Twitter is proving completely useless as it won't connect to my new face page, won't post tweets to the page, nothing. So limited that you can't screw up....so it's not on my end.

KoldBreeze.mistingfans
KoldBreeze.mistingfans

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:42 am

Moved from Group fans to AW

Hello!

There have been no replies to your topic for over a week. Do you still need help with it? In order to keep the Help section fresh, we need to know if your problem was solved, or if you still need help with it. If you don't reply within the next 3 days, we'll assume your issue was solved, and this thread will be Moved to the Solved section without further notice .

Thanks!

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down