Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't access facebook

4 posters

Go down

Can't access facebook Empty Can't access facebook

Post by jillybean0674 Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:31 pm

I cannot get the facebook page to load at all on my home computer, but I can log in from any other computer. I have cleared all the caches and cookies and junk, uninstalled and reinstalled my browser and still cannot get the facebook page to load. I can't even get the login screen or sign up screen or click any search links that have facebook.com in their web address. I am able to log into other accounts and websites, but not facebook.
jillybean0674
jillybean0674
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Can't access facebook Empty Re: Can't access facebook

Post by Admin Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Try some of the suggestions made on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], which is very similar to yours. Very Happy

The Listener wrote:It's possible that you have antivirus or firewall software blocking it. What antivirus/firewall software, if any, do you use? Also, make sure Facebook isn't added to your browser's blocked websites list.

You may also try clearing your DNS cache: Start => Programs => Accessories => Command Prompt. Type this:

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

Then hit the Enter key. After that, close your browser and open it back again. Wink
Any luck? If not, proceed with the suggestions made below.

The Listener wrote:Please try visiting Facebook from the page below (it's an open proxy):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Can or can't you access Facebook from that page?

Tim wrote:Seems like your specific IP has been blocked from the site. Can you try pinging Facebook?

Start => Programs => Accessories => Command Prompt
Code:
ping facebook.com

And kindly paste the results here
Please post the results as a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jillybean0674 Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:29 pm

facebook is not on my blocked list, my firewall is not blocking it, and I still cannot seem to get it to load at all. I did the whole "ping" thing, but I'm not sure how to post the screenshot because I can't "print" from command prompt...or least I'm not sure how to! Happy I tried the proxy site, but am not able to do anything with that either! Time for a new computer it looks like! Wink
I use AVG anitvirus, but there is something wrong with that right now as well....think my kids totally screwed my pc up!

Last edited by jillybean0674 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
jillybean0674
jillybean0674
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jillybean0674 Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:32 pm

when i try to use the proxy, i keep getting asked what program to use to open the page...i'm actually not a complete idiot when it comes to computers, but this is beginning to really frustrate me!
jillybean0674
jillybean0674
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jillybean0674 Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:56 pm

This is what the "ping" looked like:

Pinging facebook.com [127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (o% loss),
Approximate round trip time in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 1ms
jillybean0674
jillybean0674
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jillybean0674 Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:57 pm

BTW, thanks for your help on this!
jillybean0674
jillybean0674
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Thanks you for the pinging results, I'll ask someone to check if they're OK. Wink

In the meantime, did you flush your cache typing ipconfig/flushdns in the command prompt?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jillybean0674 Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:34 pm

I did flush my cache, but still nothing....
jillybean0674
jillybean0674
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jillybean0674 Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I was able to log in to facebook through this proxy, but this is only one that I can do it through. It's slow and very annoying. If I am able to log in through a proxy, does that mean that my problem is fixable some other way?
jillybean0674
jillybean0674
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jillybean0674 Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:41 am

And I just found out that my neighbor who uses my wireless is no longer able to connect through his gaming system. That started around the same time as my issues with facebook. I flushed the dns and I restarted my router and I rebooted my modem. I've cleaned the disk, defragged, rebooted, removed unwanted programs, ran my anitvirus and my antispyware and I am still getting nowhere! I'm thinking I need to wipe my hard drive and start from scratch, but if it's a problem with my ip address and security settings and what-not will that really help?
jillybean0674
jillybean0674
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:26 am

jillybean0674 wrote:And I just found out that my neighbor who uses my wireless is no longer able to connect through his gaming system.

Why do you share the same connection ?

Who actually pays for the Internet connection?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:13 am

Moved from Other Problems to Awaiting Reply.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days. Do you still require help?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days, we will assume you have abandoned your request for help, and this thread will be moved to the Abandoned Topics section without further notice.

If you are not the thread starter, please do not post for any help or support on this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down