Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automated message for incoming friend requests

4 posters

Go down

Automated message for incoming friend requests  Empty Automated message for incoming friend requests

Post by azure_innocent Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:28 pm

I started off with a personal page and reached the 5000 friend limit. I have a fan page, and would like to have an automated message that appears to people who try to add my personal profile, directing them to add my fan page instead. I don't want to migrate my personal page to a fan page, I just want to set up a message that tells people to go to my fan page. I've seen other people do it on their pages such as:
"I have reached the 5000 friend limit. Please visit my fan page at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If anyone could please give me some information, I have searched the internet and no one seems to have an answer.
azure_innocent
azure_innocent

Back to top Go down

Automated message for incoming friend requests  Empty Re: Automated message for incoming friend requests

Post by Admin Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Never heard of that being possible, but I may be able to find out how they did it. Could you please leave the link to a profile that has that message?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Automated message for incoming friend requests  Empty Re: Automated message for incoming friend requests

Post by rnufer Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:46 am

I'd really like to know how you even achieved 5000 friends. If you look at my thread, FB has shut off my account for making "too many friend requests" and I'm at 66 as of today! So how many friend requests do you think you made on an average or above average day??
rnufer
rnufer

Back to top Go down

Post by azure_innocent Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Admin wrote:Never heard of that being possible, but I may be able to find out how they did it. Could you please leave the link to a profile that has that message?

I need to find the email where I sent myself the link to the page, and I'll get it to you as soon as possible. Thank you for helping me out!
azure_innocent
azure_innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by azure_innocent Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:39 pm

rnufer wrote:I'd really like to know how you even achieved 5000 friends. If you look at my thread, FB has shut off my account for making "too many friend requests" and I'm at 66 as of today! So how many friend requests do you think you made on an average or above average day??

I didn't make many friend requests. People that I met at conferences I went to speak at found me and added me. I have about 200 pending friend requests that I can't accept, and that's why I need to find this automated message so urgently to direct them to the fan page about my business instead of my personal page.
azure_innocent
azure_innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:35 pm

azure_innocent wrote:
rnufer wrote:I'd really like to know how you even achieved 5000 friends. If you look at my thread, FB has shut off my account for making "too many friend requests" and I'm at 66 as of today! So how many friend requests do you think you made on an average or above average day??

I didn't make many friend requests. People that I met at conferences I went to speak at found me and added me. I have about 200 pending friend requests that I can't accept, and that's why I need to find this automated message so urgently to direct them to the fan page about my business instead of my personal page.

An idea maybe? What about using a non- Facebook email automated message maybe?

That keeps you out of problems with Facebook and lets you communicate with others!!
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by azure_innocent Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:44 pm

An idea maybe? What about using a non- Facebook email automated message maybe?

That keeps you out of problems with Facebook and lets you communicate with others!!

Could you please explain for about this and how I would go about getting access to something like this?
azure_innocent
azure_innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down