Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Company advertising 'page merge' service - is it legit?

2 posters

Go down

Company advertising 'page merge' service - is it legit? Empty Company advertising 'page merge' service - is it legit?

Post by gazado Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:30 am

Hi all,

I have two different questions, both related to Facebook Page merging.

I have been trying to find information on the service that a certain company is currently advertising for the merger of 'Facebook Pages'. Their sales rep stated that they have an agreement with Facebook that allows them to complete a form, for the cost of £500 to the client, and have all Facebook Pages for any particular business merged together into a single page.
Does anyone know if this is false advertising?

I have a Facebook Page that has been turned into a Facebook Place (Say Page A) and there are many other Facebook Community Pages including one with a large amount of users (Say Page B) that have identicle names. When I click on 'Report Page' and then 'Duplicate or miscategorised Page', Page A is not listed so I can't request any action to merge Page A with Page B.
Can anything specific be done to merge the two together?

Any feedback will be really appreciated! Thanks!!
gazado
gazado

Back to top Go down

Company advertising 'page merge' service - is it legit? Empty Re: Company advertising 'page merge' service - is it legit?

Post by Tim Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:51 am

Hello,

For the first question, it is possible for any user to merge pages themselves (instructions here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so yes it does seem to be false advertising. I'd recommend shying away from that company, and Facebook wouldn't port technical details to third-parties anyway.

Regarding the second question, Facebook Community pages are automatically created by Facebook, using wikipedia information where available. Community pages cannot be edited or managed by anyone, so unfortunately you cannot merge your Facebook page with a community page.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Company advertising 'page merge' service - is it legit? Empty Re: Company advertising 'page merge' service - is it legit?

Post by gazado Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:02 am

This is good to know, thank you for getting back to me, really appreciated! Happy
gazado
gazado

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:18 pm

No problem at all, anything else just let us know Happy

Marking thread as solved
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down