Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any way to prohibit a friend from sharing MY photos and Videos?

3 posters

Go down

Any way to prohibit a friend from sharing MY photos and Videos? Empty Any way to prohibit a friend from sharing MY photos and Videos?

Post by Mikeg5513 Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:34 pm

I would like to know if there is a way to prohibit my friends from sharing my pictures and videos on there page. I have a friend, (my mother) who likes to look through my pictures and video, and post them to her wall. I dont want to delete her as a friend. I just want to know if there is a way to "lock" my pics and vids, so she cant share them.

Thanks for any constructive advice!
Mikeg5513
Mikeg5513

Back to top Go down

Any way to prohibit a friend from sharing MY photos and Videos? Empty Re: Any way to prohibit a friend from sharing MY photos and Videos?

Post by Mikeg5513 Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:11 pm

oh and to ad, my privacy settings are "friends only". when i look at my mom's page, there is no, "shared via", or mention of my name on the photo's or video's..
Mikeg5513
Mikeg5513

Back to top Go down

Any way to prohibit a friend from sharing MY photos and Videos? Empty Re: Any way to prohibit a friend from sharing MY photos and Videos?

Post by Poke Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:12 pm

you can hide her from seeing your photos.

Go to account, Privacy settings, click customize settings then on the bottom of the page there is things other then share the first one you can change to customize then type the person name you dont want them to see pics etc. hope this helps.

~Poke
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikeg5513 Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:28 pm

thanks Poke I dont care if she sees them, just dont want her to share them.
Mikeg5513
Mikeg5513

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:32 pm

okay but if you block her from seeing she can't share them again. But there is no way to stop her posting them back unless if you tell her to stop, since she is your mother.
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:25 pm

Poke wrote: But there is no way to stop her posting them back unless if you tell her to stop, since she is your mother.

I do not think that that will work as the images are in the Public domain and can you really rely on the Parent to respect the child's wishes if they have already disregarded them ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Ruby wrote:
Poke wrote: But there is no way to stop her posting them back unless if you tell her to stop, since she is your mother.

I do not think that that will work as the images are in the Public domain and can you really rely on the Parent to respect the child's wishes if they have already disregarded them ?

Im just making a statement, she said that she doesnt want to block her mpther but to hide the photos so her mom can not make the same album as her with the photos that she is posting on her account. Can u refrain your question, ruby. I dont know what ur talking about for the last part of ur sentence.
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down