Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing photos and videos

2 posters

Go down

Sharing photos and videos  Empty Sharing photos and videos

Post by Sailorguy Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:19 am

I am trying to share some photos and videos that were shot and posted by a friend on my wall with my other friends. I click on "share" with friends and they show up on my profile but none of my other friends can view them. I've also tried sending them as a message and a link but nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong?
Sailorguy
Sailorguy

Back to top Go down

Sharing photos and videos  Empty Re: Sharing photos and videos

Post by Admin Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Copy the straight link to the photo by right clicking the picture and selecting "Copy image's URL". Open a notepad and paste it.

Then go to the video. If the author of this video has his/her privacy settings set to "Only Friends", your friends will see a "Video Unavailable" page. So then there's no other way to solve it other than downloading the video (clicking on "Download Video") and then uploading it on your own account.

Then send the links to each page (photos and the new video) as an e-mail or message to them on Facebook. That should work!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sailorguy Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:55 pm

If my friend were to change her privacy settings to "Friends of Friends" and re-post the photos and videos, would they then be visible to my Friends ?

The method you described is cumbersome, there are 15 photos, each would have to be copied and downloaded. Also, for some reason the videos show up as a jpeg file so when I copy it there is only one picture unstead of the video?
Sailorguy
Sailorguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:50 pm

S/he wouldn't need to re-post them, since they would be automatically visible Wink

I never said you needed to download the pictures, though. I told you of a way to copy the direct URL to each of them, which takes no more than 30 seconds to copy them all, for your friends to see them.

The privacy setting change sounds much easier though, so simply ask your friend to change his/her settings to Friends of Friends Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down