Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the REAL difference between business and personal pages?

4 posters

Go down

What is the REAL difference between business and personal pages? Empty What is the REAL difference between business and personal pages?

Post by bruce99 Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:47 am

Hi,

I have read the prelim info on Facebook about creating a business account, but all it seems to suggest is that there are more restrictions than if I create a business with a personal account?

So If i wanted to create something like Jacks.crash.repairs is it better to register this from scratch (not within my personal account) and call it personal rather than a business page?

What are the advantages of having a business page for a business rather than it being listed as a personal page? It sounds like search info is also restricted etc?

Any help????
bruce99
bruce99
Rookie

Back to top Go down

What is the REAL difference between business and personal pages? Empty Re: What is the REAL difference between business and personal pages?

Post by bruce99 Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:16 pm

if anyone knows anything, would much appreciate it.

I want to make a business page, just not sure which way to go, what will work best, the restrictions and benefits etc ... Any clues?
bruce99
bruce99
Rookie

Back to top Go down

What is the REAL difference between business and personal pages? Empty Re: What is the REAL difference between business and personal pages?

Post by Poke Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:52 pm

Please don't double post unless if it is 24 hrs apart. Wink
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TVG Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:06 am

New to Facebook pages and groups.

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

Thanks.
TVG
TVG
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Fan Page: People can "like" your Fan Page and you can share statuses, photos, etc. that will show up on their newsfeeds. You can have security settings determining if your fans can make posts, post photos or videos, make comments, etc.

Personal Profile: You would have to add people that you do not know, which may get you reported. Also, there is no guarantee your info will show up on their newsfeed as they can block it.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TVG Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Can you have multiple administrators on a Fan Page?
TVG
TVG
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:36 pm

Yes, as many as you want.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TVG Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Thank you.....
TVG
TVG
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Still waiting for the OP to reply before we can lock this topic.
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:12 pm

Moved from Group/Fan Page/Event Support to Awaiting Reply.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days. Do you still require help?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days, we will assume you have abandoned your request for help, and this thread will be moved to the Abandoned Topics section without further notice.

If you are not the thread starter, please do not post for any help or support on this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down