Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting up a 2nd personal profile for business pages Vs using existing personal profile

4 posters

Go down

Setting up a 2nd personal profile for business pages Vs using existing personal profile Empty Setting up a 2nd personal profile for business pages Vs using existing personal profile

Post by tdawson Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:33 pm

I've been a personal user for 10 months now and have around 150 friends who are actual friends and I don't want to discuss or promote business with them. I've been told to set up a separate personal page with my "business profile" of who I am professionally and what I do and link my business pages to the separate personal profile.

This seems very complicated because I'm now trying to jump between 2 separate personal accounts and get my real friends to LIKE me again so that I can reach my target of 25 friends which will allow me to change the business name to something more memorable.

Is this the way it should be done? Would seem so much simpler if I could just have set up my business pages linked to my first personal account but not have business customers view my personal details and posts etc.

Advice please?
tdawson
tdawson

Back to top Go down

Setting up a 2nd personal profile for business pages Vs using existing personal profile Empty Re: Setting up a 2nd personal profile for business pages Vs using existing personal profile

Post by Tim Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Hello,

I believe the best method for you is, instead of having 2 personal accounts (which is also a violation of Facebook's TOS), that you create the business page within your "real" personal account instead. While you manage the business page through your account, it is not associated with your personal account in anyway, ie. what you do on each is separate.

Business customers / colleagues will be able to 'Like' your page without having access to your personal account. Likewise, your personal friends will not get anything from your business page unless they 'Like' it too. (Pretty much what you said in your 3rd paragraph above).
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Setting up a 2nd personal profile for business pages Vs using existing personal profile Empty Re: Setting up a 2nd personal profile for business pages Vs using existing personal profile

Post by colm.flanagan Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Hey i had the same problem and now im just creating the page of my own profile..

However i want to use my website logo as the profile pic (would fir perfect) but facebook insists i upload something a bit more square???
Isn't it 600 * 200 we are allowed??
colm.flanagan
colm.flanagan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:05 pm

colm.flanagan wrote:Hey i had the same problem and now im just creating the page of my own profile..

However i want to use my website logo as the profile pic (would fir perfect) but facebook insists i upload something a bit more square???
Isn't it 600 * 200 we are allowed??

Please open up your own topic with your issue Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down