Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how many messages can fb hold in inbox?

2 posters

Go down

how many messages can fb hold in inbox? Empty how many messages can fb hold in inbox?

Post by shahulhameed31 Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:22 am

hi guys,
i wondering how many messages can hold in fb inbox, from the same person pm/chat history.
and some of my oldest pm history is deleted somehow (automatically).. can some one tell me how that happened please?

[my pm history is covered more than 7200 now with my frnd/gf Wink ]

lately i checked my previous messages with my gf and i found that most of the old messages deleted without my knowing/permission..

is that possible to happen automatically?
and is there any way i can stop that auto deleting?

thanks u friends..
peace.

Last edited by shahulhameed31 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes.)
shahulhameed31
shahulhameed31
Rookie

Back to top Go down

how many messages can fb hold in inbox? Empty Re: how many messages can fb hold in inbox?

Post by Josh Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:56 am

When Facebook upgraded, it deleted all old posts. Facebook deletes them to make space on their servers. If you want to keep all your conversations, go to Account > Account Settings > General > Download a copy of your Facebook Profile.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

how many messages can fb hold in inbox? Empty Re: how many messages can fb hold in inbox?

Post by shahulhameed31 Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:46 pm

thanks for reply. Happy
so if i download my profile copy, do i gonna recover/see all the deleted messages?
thanks..
shahulhameed31
shahulhameed31
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:31 pm

No, the deleted messages are gone and you cannot get them back.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by shahulhameed31 Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:40 pm

oh.. Sad
anyway thanks for ur time and sharing..
appreciate it..
shahulhameed31
shahulhameed31
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down