Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Searching For Messages in Inbox

2 posters

Go down

Searching For Messages in Inbox Empty Searching For Messages in Inbox

Post by Candy Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi,
I have two questions regarding searching for messages in the inbox.
1. Why can't I search for messages in my inbox from groups?
2. Why when I perform a search on a person in inbox (that messages are from) that not all of the messages show up in the search?
Thanks in advance,
Candy
Candy
Candy
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Searching For Messages in Inbox Empty Re: Searching For Messages in Inbox

Post by Admin Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:48 pm

1. What's wrong? You can't receive Group's Messages?
2. I don't understand that question
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:05 pm

No. I am searching for messages in my inbox. If they are from a group and not an individual, they cannot seem to be searched for. Does that help you? I want to be able to search for messages from groups, so I can delete them without having to go through every blessed message in my inbox. Is that even possible? Thanks, if you can help.
Candy
Candy
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:22 pm

The messages that Groups send to all their members are shown has written by the Group's administrator when you click on the message, and shown as written by the Group itself if you just visit your Inbox.

So, no, I'm afraid you cannot find all the Groups messages by typing the name of the Group and/or the name of the group admin, you just have to tick them and delete them manually.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:21 pm

OK. Thanks.

Then what about my other inbox question?

Why when I perform a search on a person in inbox (the sender of the message in the inbox) that not all of the messages show up in the search? I know they don't, because I just tried it. The most recent messages are not showing up in the search.

I hope you can help me with this one, too.

Thanks in advance,
Candy
Candy
Candy
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:09 am

Well this is what I found in FB Help Center

You can search and filter your Inbox by sender, recipient, or keyword. In order to search, enter your query information in the "Search Inbox" field that appears in the top left corner of your Inbox. Searching your Inbox will automatically filter it based on your search results.

I have tried writing the name of the sender or keywords but nothing seems to happen, there are no messages shown.

According to what I read in some FB Discussion borad many people are having problems with the Inbox. I'm afraid this is the only thing I can do, maybe funnytim, who knows more about Facebook than me will be able to help you out.

Regards,
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down