Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd party posts

3 posters

Go down

3rd party posts Empty 3rd party posts

Post by Caleb9849 Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:01 pm

First off, I'd like to say that I'm really glad for *most* of the new changes to Facebook. The previous layout was so totally *early* September.

However, there's one thing I really don't like. It looks like ANYTHING I do has a chance of being seen in that new feed above the chat list. I'm not a "fan" (pun intended) of my friends seeing what I post on 3rd party walls. If I comment "Go suck a ****" on my friend Bruce Badass's wall, I don't want my grandmother (yes, there are actually some old people on Facebook) reading that. The same goes in the other direction. I really don't care what Person-I-Barely-Know put on Person-I-Don't-Know-At-All's wall. So, first and foremost, I want to set it so that nothing I do goes to that top-right feed. How do I do that? If possible, I'd also like to keep it from showing ME anything that involves people I don't know (such as, A commented on B's status "blah blah blah" and I'm friends with A but I have no idea who B is). While I'm at it, if it's possible, I'd also like to remove the "Recent activity" from my profile which also shows my posts on other people's walls, similar to that top-right feed, if not quite as in-your-face about it. How can I go about doing these things (most importantly #1)?
Caleb9849
Caleb9849

Back to top Go down

3rd party posts Empty Re: 3rd party posts

Post by Poke Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Whats your issue? or your just blaming us about stuff? We are not the official facebook.
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Caleb9849 Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:21 pm

To answer your first question (I guess my first post wasn't very clear, so I'll try to clarify), my issues are the following:

1) I don't want my activity on friend A's wall to be visible to friend B if friends A and B aren't friends with each other. In particular, I don't want certain family members being able to read about what I do on certain friends' walls, and such.

2) Nor do I want to see anything about friend A's activity on unknown person B's wall. That is, if my friend Joe posted on Bob's wall because Joe knows Bob but I've never met Bob and have no idea who Bob is, well, I really don't care to hear about it.

To answer your second question, no, I'm not "blaming you about stuff." I'm asking to see if anybody knows how I can change these things. I know you're not the official Facebook. If anyone could offer any help for me on this, I'd be very grateful (Poke, you made a valiant effort but unfortunately it wasn't really the response I was after).
Caleb9849
Caleb9849

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:59 pm

well sorry but you werent clear enough so it sounded like you were arguing at us. Change your privacy settings.
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Caleb9849 Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Can you be a little more specific? I've looked around in the privacy settings (I'm not stupid enough to post on a forum without even making an effort to figure the problem out myself first; I'm close, but I'm not *quite* that stupid), and I couldn't find the particular settings that I'm looking for.
Caleb9849
Caleb9849

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:01 am

Moved from Privacy Support to Abandoned Topics.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for two whole weeks. If you still require help, please make a new topic. You may place a link to your old topic on your new topic to give information to the people that will help you.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down