Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cannot sign in on fb

+7
Tim
zachofthegolden1
Ruby
Samira
Admin
Josh
prithwighorpade
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

cannot sign in on fb - Page 2 Empty Re: cannot sign in on fb

Post by Admin Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:33 pm

The last thing you can do is contacting Facebook here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They reply really fast Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:58 am

I strongly suggest that the email address that has been put on this thread is removed

some spammers employ people to examine web pages to find email addresses for them there is no form of in page email address that the spammmers can't get.

Spammers collect e-mail addresses from chatrooms, websites, customer lists, newsgroups, and viruses which harvest users' address books, and are sold to other spammers. They also use a practice known as "e-mail appending" or "epending" in which they use known information about their target (such as a postal address) to search for the target's email address.

Trade Commission and by the Center for Democracy and Technology found that email addresses posted on web sites or in newsgroups attract the most spam
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:01 am

I haven't thought about that, but I agree.

==> E-mail address removed
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:12 am

I notice it does not appear in this forum's rules , but you may wish to add to them a note to not put an email address on forum and also to not request anyone to do so ...with 'Bots 'regulary patrolling this site the reasons for such a Rule should be obvious ....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:16 am

Remember to post all the Feedback in the Feedback Section only, please Very Happy

I'll discuss it with Lightning Yoshi, thanks for the tip.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:43 am

Samari, contact facebook regarding your problem (especially the part where it can't find your email address) if you haven't done so already and go from there.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:36 am

Assuming you are using the same computer to log in here as you do for Facebook(?) do you have any problems logging in anywhere else on the same computer?

How IS you computer protected , what is its antivirus program and other security protection ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:51 am

Another possibliity for all of you

>>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<<

according to one report, a users account was suspended when they suspected her of being under 18;she was required to enter a work e mail address , to prove her maturity, at which point she was reinstated

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page of information there are three email addresses offered you may wish to try
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KeyLB28 Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:40 am

I have the same type of issue and have contacted facebook only to receive a message saying that my email address was not associated with any of their accounts. I have had friends check my page and my email is still listed. I also googled this issue and found that there are many other people with the same issue. No one has any knowledge of my password, and facebook has not sent any more responses to any of my inquiries regarding this issue. I finally had to contact TrustE on the basis of facebook violating its privacy policy by not allowing me to access my account to manage the posts and photos others put on there. Is there anything else that I can do to fix this situation?
KeyLB28
KeyLB28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:29 am

@KeyLB28

Are you saying your known friends can actually navigate to you on facebook by entering the email address they know you use on facebook ? If so is it you they find and do they know this ?

but you cannot presently use that particular email address to log in?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KeyLB28 Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:25 pm

No. They log in under their own account and have gone to my page, with me present, and there has been no changes to it that I have noticed.
KeyLB28
KeyLB28

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:28 pm

How long have you been having this issue?
What message do you get when trying to log in?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:51 pm

KeyLB28 wrote:No. They log in under their own account and have gone to my page, with me present, and there has been no changes to it that I have noticed.

Bearing in mind there is more than one way to find a member ON facebook by which method have they searched for you ? your username on there or the email address?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:54 pm

ruby1 wrote:
KeyLB28 wrote:No. They log in under their own account and have gone to my page, with me present, and there has been no changes to it that I have noticed.

Bearing in mind there is more than one way to find a member ON facebook by which method have they searched for you ? your username on there or the email address?

In addition, what is your listed email address on your profile via your friend's account?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by KeyLB28 Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:33 am

they have searched for me by my full name. my email address listed on my account through my friends facebook account is the email address i use to log in to facebook
KeyLB28
KeyLB28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:27 am

KeyLB28 wrote:they have searched for me by my full name. my email address listed on my account through my friends facebook account is the email address i use to log in to facebook

'though my friends facebook account is the email address I use to log in to facebook'

my understanding of THIS is that you do not use your own registered email address to log in but someone elses?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyclone Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Your account could have been deleted.
Cyclone
Cyclone
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Sk9 wrote:Your account could have been deleted.

This is highly possible if the 'incorrect' email address is being used to log in ..gets curiouser and curiouser

be interesting to see what KeyLB28 has to say when they come back to this thread ....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KeyLB28 Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:44 pm

No no no. The email listed on my profile is my current email that I use for my daily emailing, as well as it is the one i use to log-in to facebook. I still get notifications from facebook that people are writing on my wall or posting photos or friend requests.

I had my friend get on his account and then search for my profile and found that nothing has been changed and the email that is on my profile is still the same one. So the page is still active, and I still get the notifications from facebook delivered to my email address, but when I tried to report the error to facebook, I received a message back that said "this email is not associated with any account in our system" I'm perplexed.
KeyLB28
KeyLB28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Which portal/URL do YOU use to log into facebook ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:20 pm

This is serious. 3 people are having the exact same problem! I'm starting to think of a Facebook bug or something.

By the way, have you 3 reseted your passwords by clicking the "I forgot my Password" button?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am

I have just read something on another sire

Please see if any of you CAN log in via either of these portasl ; just click on them and you should be taken TO the log in

From what I can tell we can log in either at

>>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<<<

or

>>>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<<<

on both you need your registered Facebook E -mail address and your Facebook Password

I have also just found this

On the correct Facebook log in I have just logged in on both with MY correct detail and have navigated around

It is possible you are trying to log in with an OLD URL .....
One assumes each of you allows others to use your computer and you do not supervise what they do while they use it?

A question that springs to mind are all of you using one of those portal OR do you think you COULD be using a different non-legit portal.....

it would be helpful if each of you could put on here the address through which YOU try to log in to Facebook to maybe eliminate an infection on your computers that may be redirecting you to an 'unreal' portal

Phishing comes to mind

Communications purporting to be from popular social web sites, auction sites, online payment processors or IT administrators are commonly used to lure the unsuspecting public. Phishing is typically carried out by e-mail or instant messaging,[1] and it often directs users to enter details at a fake website whose look and feel are almost identical to the legitimate one. Even when using server authentication, it may require tremendous skill to detect that the website is fake. Phishing is an example of social engineering techniques used to fool users

And at least one of you has admitted to allowing someone else to use your log in details to access Facebook ....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A note; we now have on this thread the following members with apparently the same 'cannot sign into/ inability to log in to Facebook 'problem

prithwithorpade (account was apparently 'disabled' and now appears to be resolved)
samira (admits brother has password)
KeyLB28
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:43 pm

@samira

as you admit, you have had someone other than you access your Facebook account

for the sake of argument lets assume your password has been changed..

try this

also; have you tried to log into Facebook on a different computer than your usual one ....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by JayJay Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:32 pm

ruby1 wrote:Another possibliity for all of you

according to one report, a users account was suspended when they suspected her of being under 18;she was required to enter a work e mail address , to prove her maturity, at which point she was reinstated

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page of information there are three email addresses offered you may wish to try

That can't be true, the age limit is 13...
JayJay
JayJay
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:59 am

The Listener wrote:This is serious. 3 people are having the exact same problem! I'm starting to think of a Facebook bug or something.

By the way, have you 3 reseted your passwords by clicking the "I forgot my Password" button?

They appear to be having the same problem but I suspect Samira has had her acount detail changed as she has allowed a third party knowledge and the use of of her access details to the account

as for KeyLB28

can they sign in on one of the portals as given above ......
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next