Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to prevent wall posts on new friends and comments

3 posters

Go down

How to prevent wall posts on new friends and comments Empty How to prevent wall posts on new friends and comments

Post by humanlightningrod Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:25 pm

Anytime I add a new friend or comment on anything of on a friends page it posts a story about this. Is there a way to stop it posting stories about this anymore? You used to be able to prevent it.
humanlightningrod
humanlightningrod

Back to top Go down

How to prevent wall posts on new friends and comments Empty Re: How to prevent wall posts on new friends and comments

Post by Tim Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:39 pm

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Here is the response facebook is giving out regarding this issue.
Hi,

Thanks for writing in to us regarding our updated privacy settings. We apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced with wall and news feed privacy. Whether we display a story on your profile is now controlled by the privacy of the content itself. For example, only people who can see both your Wall, and the Wall to which you posted would be able to see a story about you writing on a friend’s Wall. If you want to remove a particular story that currently shows up, simply click the “Remove” button that appears to the right of the story after you move your mouse over it.

Learn more about privacy here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For answers to commonly asked questions, please visit:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope that helps Wink
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

How to prevent wall posts on new friends and comments Empty Re: How to prevent wall posts on new friends and comments

Post by humanlightningrod Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:37 pm

Actually, no, that doesn't help in the least. If I wanted a generic and insulting answer that proved that nobody was paying any attention to the actual question, I would have emailed them myself. I came here to get a real answer.
Removing stories after the fact doesn't keep them out of friends news feeds either. I would like to be able to add new friends and comment on other peoples photos and walls etc without everyone being made aware.
Does anyone know if it's possible at all anymore?
humanlightningrod
humanlightningrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:17 pm

Hello,

First of all, he didn't give you an insulting answer. And it's not possible to do what you're asking for. If you go to Settings --> Privacy Settings --> Profile, you can read this message.

Information about Recent Activity
Whether we display a story on your profile is now controlled by the privacy of the content itself, rather than an additional setting. For example, only people who can see both your Wall, and the Wall to which you posted would be able to see a story about you writing on a friend’s Wall. You cannot completely turn off recent activity stories anymore. However, if you want to remove a particular story that currently shows up, simply click the “Remove” button that appears to the right of the story after you move your mouse over it.

Regards

>>>>No feedback for two weeks so assumed Resolved; Locked and Moved

Last edited by ruby1 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down