Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My comments on friends photo's are showing up on all my friends' wall

3 posters

Go down

My comments on friends photo's are showing up on all my friends' wall Empty My comments on friends photo's are showing up on all my friends' wall

Post by michren Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:34 pm

Eventhough my privacy setting on "post by me" is only viewable by certain people only, the comments that I posted on my friends photos are still showing up on all of my friends' news feed.

I'm not sure if the "post by me" privacy setting is the correct section to disable all my comments from showing up to all of my friends' wall or there's another setting that I need to change for me to be able to fix the problem?

Can someone guide me here?

TIA
michren
michren
Rookie

Back to top Go down

My comments on friends photo's are showing up on all my friends' wall Empty Re: My comments on friends photo's are showing up on all my friends' wall

Post by Admin Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:52 pm

'Posts by me' includes your statuses only, not comments you make on others' statuses, photos, videos, etc.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

My comments on friends photo's are showing up on all my friends' wall Empty Re: My comments on friends photo's are showing up on all my friends' wall

Post by michren Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:05 pm

The Listener wrote:'Posts by me' includes your statuses only, not comments you make on others' statuses, photos, videos, etc.

So where exactly will I adjust the privacy setting for that?
michren
michren
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:13 pm

There's, sadly, no setting that manages activity stories (liking a page, commenting on a status, etc.). You have to remove those manually.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by michren Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:24 pm

The Listener wrote:There's, sadly, no setting that manages activity stories (liking a page, commenting on a status, etc.). You have to remove those manually.

You mean remove it manually on my wall? Will my comments on my friends' photos will also be removed once I remove it on my own wall?
michren
michren
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:30 pm

If you remove the story (ie. "John has commented on Jack's photo"), the comment on Jack's photo won't go away. However, your friends will no longer get the "John has commented on Jack's photo" story on their news feeds, and they won't be able to see that on your wall, either.

Again, you have to do this manually, by going to your wall and clicking the X button at the right top of the story when you hover it with your mouse Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by michren Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:46 pm

The Listener wrote:If you remove the story (ie. "John has commented on Jack's photo"), the comment on Jack's photo won't go away. However, your friends will no longer get the "John has commented on Jack's photo" story on their news feeds, and they won't be able to see that on your wall, either.

Again, you have to do this manually, by going to your wall and clicking the X button at the right top of the story when you hover it with your mouse Wink

Ok I tried it.

I can open 2 accounts here that are connected to my main account(The one I used to comment on photos).

the 1st one, isn't showing anymore.. but the other one is still there. This is kinda weird..

what do you think? is it a bug? or it will take time for it to remove totally on all of my friends wall?
michren
michren
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Is that somehow related to the photos issue..? I don't get what you mean by '2 accounts attached to the main account'. You can't attach an account to another account on Facebook...

Mind re-elaborating your question, please? Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by michren Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:03 pm

The Listener wrote:Is that somehow related to the photos issue..? I don't get what you mean by '2 accounts attached to the main account'. You can't attach an account to another account on Facebook...

Mind re-elaborating your question, please? Happy

Sorry if you got confused there.

I've used my sisters' accounts to check whether if my comment on my friends' photos will be remove on their news feed after I manually removed it to my wall.

Like what I said, One of my sisters' account still have my comment on her news feed while my other sister isn't showing my comment on friends' photos anymore.

what do you think? is it a bug? or it will take time for it to remove totally on all of my friends wall?
michren
michren
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:07 pm

It could take a while for it to disappear... it's always better to delete the story right after you comment on something.

Try refreshing your sister's homepage (Ctrl + F5) several times until you don't see it anymore. And be sure you're at the "Most Recent" and not "Top News" filter.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by michren Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:33 am

The Listener wrote:It could take a while for it to disappear... it's always better to delete the story right after you comment on something.

Try refreshing your sister's homepage (Ctrl + F5) several times until you don't see it anymore. And be sure you're at the "Most Recent" and not "Top News" filter.

Hey thanks!

I checked it again and my comments about my friends' photos are no longer on their news feed.

Pretty stupid private setting there if you will ask me. That's why we're filtering those who can see our post because we wanted to appear it on certain people only and here comes this photo commenting, comments on your friends' wall and likes that we're making, you'll be surprised that they are showing on all of your friends news feed which is supposed to be a private things for us. Good thing I checked it on my sisters' account Duhhh

Facebook is focusing so much on how can they change the looks of its interface and adding new features but they're taking for granted little thing like my problem which is very important to us as part of our privacy Duhhh
michren
michren
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:02 am

Well, Facebook's been actually trying to work hard on privacy issues lately, since they've got so many threats and complaints. Actually, it was possible to have control over activity stories in the past (I remember we used to have a page that showed what stories we wanted to show up on our walls, so to say photo comments, status comments, application stories, etc.). Sadly, Facebook changed this and a lot of other great settings on December 2009 if I'm not mistaken... a huge fail. You were even able to make your profile picture visible to friends only!

I believe Facebook could be trying to make all of us look more active on their website. If we were able to hide all there crap stories, our walls would be kind of empty... and that'd make Facebook kind of unpopular Tongue

Back to your issue... I guess we can call this a solved issue? Glasses
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by michren Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:57 am

Just a side question...

Are you guys affiliated to facebook?

Nice community forum here and have a lots of potential Happy The design is excellent.

plus fast support too.

As for my problem, yeah I already solved it.

Thanks again Happy
michren
michren
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:34 am

No, we aren't. Very Happy Thanks for the great feedback. Tell your friends about us!

Topic moved to solved.
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down