Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I stop people from knowing when I have accepted a new friend?

2 posters

Go down

Can I stop people from knowing when I have accepted a new friend? Empty Can I stop people from knowing when I have accepted a new friend?

Post by boomboom07 Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:15 am

hey i just want to know how i can stop people from knowing when i have accepted a new friend, or commented on someones post etc.

my dad is a [comment removed ] and is always like, why are you on facebook, you shouldnt be on here, and looks at what i talk to my friends about. its giving me the [comment removed]but if i delete him as a friend, he will skitz.

ive already figured out how to block my posts from coming up but it still shows the other stuff.

please help!

>>>Thread title changed to reflect actual need of poster ; post edited to remove coloured text and unnecessary comments

Last edited by ruby1 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
boomboom07
boomboom07

Back to top Go down

Can I stop people from knowing when I have accepted a new friend? Empty Re: Can I stop people from knowing when I have accepted a new friend?

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Hello,

You can hide that stuff from him. Go to Settings --> Privacy Settings --> Profile Information --> Find what you want to hide from him --> Click on the the button and select "Customize" from the drop down --> Hide from this people --> Type the name of your dad.

Also to hide his statuses from him, go to the 'What's on your mind?' box and click on the little padlock at the right. Select Customize and hide it from him.

What you cannot hide from him is when you became a fan of a page, when you add a new friend or when you write on someone else's wall.

The Official Facebook Team wrote:Information about Recent Activity
Whether we display a story on your profile is now controlled by the privacy of the content itself, rather than an additional setting. For example, only people who can see both your Wall, and the Wall to which you posted would be able to see a story about you writing on a friend’s Wall. You cannot completely turn off recent activity stories anymore. However, if you want to remove a particular story that currently shows up, simply click the “Remove” button that appears to the right of the story after you move your mouse over it.

Have a great day.

>>>No feedback received for two weeks ;therefore assumed resolved and thread is Locked and Moved

Last edited by ruby1 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down