Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't invite non-facebook people to my event, any suggestions?

5 posters

Go down

Can't invite non-facebook people to my event, any suggestions? Empty Can't invite non-facebook people to my event, any suggestions?

Post by TufflawFB Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:29 pm

In the past, I've been able to invite non-facebook members to my events by putting in their e-mail addresses - they get an e-mail from facebook with a special link and they click it and are able to RSVP without joining the site. However, I have an event I started last week and invited some non-facebook people, and when they click the link they get just a blank screen. I've tried this multiple times on different computers using multiple browsers (explorer, firefox, and chrome) with the same results, so it must be on the server side. Anyone know what's going on?

My privacy settings are set for everyone to have access to my events. The event itself was set as secret, but I also tested it as an open event with the same results.
TufflawFB
TufflawFB
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Can't invite non-facebook people to my event, any suggestions? Empty Re: Can't invite non-facebook people to my event, any suggestions?

Post by Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Hello,

Has this only happened with this event?

Thanks
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Can't invite non-facebook people to my event, any suggestions? Empty Re: Can't invite non-facebook people to my event, any suggestions?

Post by TufflawFB Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:03 am

The Listener wrote:Hello,

Has this only happened with this event?

Thanks

As far as I can tell - I haven't done an event for a while but from what I recall, the last time I did one my non-facebook friends were able to RSVP. Now they get the e-mail from facebook to RSVP but the link goes to a blank screen.
TufflawFB
TufflawFB
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:41 am

Has long has this been happening for? It may be a temporary facebook glitch, especially since they are moving to a new layout.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TufflawFB Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:09 pm

funnytim wrote:Has long has this been happening for? It may be a temporary facebook glitch, especially since they are moving to a new layout.

OK - something new! Now when my non-facebook friends click through, they get to the actual invite, but when they click on any RSVP button, a pop up comes up which says: "Oops. Something went wrong. We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can."

Which I guess is progress - although that's been happening for the last 24 hours Sad
TufflawFB
TufflawFB
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:17 am

They may still be working out some small glitches. Hope they find & fix it soon Wink
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TufflawFB Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Yeah me too, it's really annoying.
TufflawFB
TufflawFB
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mr1mr1 Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Have the same problem. User of new interface. Created an event with many members outside of FB. They mostly get blank website or sometimes they end up to event site. Sometimes they can even select if they are joining event/maybe/can't make it but their selection never comes to me (admin).
PLEASE FIX THIS BUG ASAP!!!!! Otherwise we have to create this event with some other system. Any tips?
mr1mr1
mr1mr1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:57 pm

Sorry you're having this issue. The best thing to do in this case is contacting Facebook. to do that, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

If you get all the people that are having this issue to report this bug, it'll be fixed even faster.

Thanks!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TufflawFB Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Do they really pay attention to bug reports? From what I hear, emails to support are typically ignored.
TufflawFB
TufflawFB
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:03 pm

If you submit them via the Help Center (which i gave you the direct link to do it) they do hear reports and suggestions. It has really helped me and a lot of people in the past.

For example, there was a problem with the Live Feed, which wasn't working properly. Lots of people reported the bug using the Help Center and now, 3 days after, it's solved.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:38 pm

>>>please let us know within three days of this post if you still need our help; thanks
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TufflawFB Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:40 pm

Unfortunately, still not working Sad I sent a request via the facebook Help Center last week. I sent another message to my non-facebook friends and told them to RSVP to me via e-mail, which is a crappy way to have to do it. Too bad, I may have to go back to evites.
TufflawFB
TufflawFB
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:27 pm

>>How are we now progressing ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TufflawFB Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Never heard back from Facebook - party is tomorrow, so I'll worry about it next time I have a party. Happy
TufflawFB
TufflawFB
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:12 am

Hope you can plan your next party with less hastle than on this occasion Glasses

I am going to lock and Move this to Solved section

>>Locked and Moved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down