Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who sees what & how can I control that

4 posters

Go down

Who sees what & how can I control that Empty Who sees what & how can I control that

Post by Mustash Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:21 pm

I have more than one group of friends. Some are active chatty and young. One is pretty much about older folks that have gone to the same HS. I see them all on the news feed but if my HS friends see what kids post there would be a lot of irrelevant stuff (to some) on the feed. I see it all Can everyone? If so, is there a way to change that? <(”)
Mustash
Mustash
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Who sees what & how can I control that Empty Re: Who sees what & how can I control that

Post by Admin Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Hello,

What does HS stand for?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Who sees what & how can I control that Empty Re: Who sees what & how can I control that

Post by Mustash Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:31 pm

High School
Mustash
Mustash
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:34 pm

Does those HS friends post on your Wall?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Nyan Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:00 pm

What you might be able to do is customize your posts so only they see what you post.

If this post was helpful, please rep. +
Joel Nyan
Joel Nyan
Advanced TSNFer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustash Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Any post to almost anything shows up on the news feed. What I mean is that I joined FB because I saw some high school friends on it.
Since then I have hooked up with some relatives. All their posts show up on the news feed and comments on their posts as well. It takes up a lot of space but is of no interest to my fellow High School graduates. I don't know if the High School friends can see what the relatives are posting and if the relatives can see what the High School friends post. I am just in the middle. I don't want to cross connect groups. Am I doing that? If I am, how can I stop it.
Mustash
Mustash
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Nyan Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:45 pm

Ah, I see. So who is posting these messages, you or your High School/Relative buddies?
Joel Nyan
Joel Nyan
Advanced TSNFer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:10 pm

See if you can tweak the settings to match your preference [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , particularly the 'Posts by Friends' section
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustash Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:14 am

Friends & relatives both post. Thanks for your help.
Mustash
Mustash
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:06 am

ya, as far as I know that's the only options available to Control who can see posts by your friends on your profile

assumed solved; Locked and Moved

Last edited by ruby1 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down