Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chat history

5 posters

Go down

chat history Empty chat history

Post by RockinRita03 Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:05 pm

I was chatting with someone yesterday about my comedy hw for a number of hours and when i went back to copy our chat I could only copy 1 hour worth. I have not cleared chat history with this person. I had some great material in there and I want to access it so I can email it to my teacher!

PS: not sure if this is the right place in the support forum to post this so I will post it somewhere else too.
RockinRita03
RockinRita03
Rookie

Back to top Go down

chat history Empty Re: chat history

Post by Admin Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Please don't post the same several times. Thanks.

I think you cannot get the whole chat history, can you? How long did you guys chat for?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinRita03 Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:16 pm

We chatted for a good 4-5 hours. I contacted fb about it too. the only reason why i posted this elsewhere too was b/c i wasn't sure where it really needed to be as stated in my post
RockinRita03
RockinRita03
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi Rita,

RockinRita03 wrote: the only reason why i posted this elsewhere too was b/c i wasn't sure where it really needed to be as stated in my post

If we believe there is a better category suited for your topic we can then move it Happy

Regarding your problem, I believe facebook only stores X amount worth of chat history, and discards the rest.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Tim is right. After a while, some of your chat is permanently gone.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinRita03 Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:53 pm

thank you tim. i will keep that in mind next time i post here. Do either of u know if FB will allow me to recover those chat sessions since i havent chatted with that person since? Like couldn't they still have it stored on their systems?
RockinRita03
RockinRita03
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:32 pm

I don't think it'd be recoverable. Then again, previously facebook has been in hot water for supposingly storing still keeping information that was requested to be deleted. It'd be a really long, long shot but it never hurts to try I guess Wink

Moved to solved

Last edited by ruby1 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Poster is now spamming on forum
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content