Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am a child ; I did not tell Facebook my correct age, I am now banned ;what can I do ?

+2
Admin
Syfte
6 posters

Go down

I am a child ; I did not tell Facebook my correct age, I am now banned ;what can I do ? Empty I am a child ; I did not tell Facebook my correct age, I am now banned ;what can I do ?

Post by Syfte Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:35 pm

Well, this is the second time my account was disabled. Apparently, I'm under the age limit. Woop woop. I believe there are about a thousand other kids that are under the age limit, yet I have been picked out of the crowd. Do you believe that Facebook should just abolish the age limit? It isn't even very effective, as many people can just lie about there age.

Thread moved from General to Profile and In Box to more accurately reflect the posters needs

Last edited by ruby1 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Thread title ammended to more correctly reflect the poster's issue with Facebook;and moved to more appropriate section of Forum)
Syfte
Rookie

Back to top Go down

I am a child ; I did not tell Facebook my correct age, I am now banned ;what can I do ? Empty Re: I am a child ; I did not tell Facebook my correct age, I am now banned ;what can I do ?

Post by Admin Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:43 pm

I know a lot of people that are under 13 and never got disabled.

By the way, are you sure you got banned for that reason?

And yes, I'm against age limit. The Homepage says "It's free and Everybody can join". So everybody includes under 13 kids.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

I am a child ; I did not tell Facebook my correct age, I am now banned ;what can I do ? Empty Re: I am a child ; I did not tell Facebook my correct age, I am now banned ;what can I do ?

Post by Syfte Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:33 pm

The Listener wrote:I know a lot of people that are under 13 and never got disabled.

By the way, are you sure you got banned for that reason?

And yes, I'm against age limit. The Homepage says "It's free and Everybody can join". So everybody includes under 13 kids.

I am 90% sure that was the reason for my banning. The part with "everybody" makes a lot of sense, and they should take it out if it says otherwise in their terms of service. Tongue
Syfte
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by JayJay Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:46 am

Pretty much everyojne in my sisters grade (including her) have a Facebook and she isn't 13 not close.
JayJay
JayJay
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:50 am

Syfte wrote:Well, this is the second time my account was disabled. Apparently, I'm under the age limit. Woop woop. I believe there are about a thousand other kids that are under the age limit, yet I have been picked out of the crowd. Do you believe that Facebook should just abolish the age limit? It isn't even very effective, as many people can just lie about there age.

Exactly what Birth Date did you give to Facebook when you Registered?

And I guess you are still in school?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Syfte Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:14 pm

ruby1 wrote:
Syfte wrote:Well, this is the second time my account was disabled. Apparently, I'm under the age limit. Woop woop. I believe there are about a thousand other kids that are under the age limit, yet I have been picked out of the crowd. Do you believe that Facebook should just abolish the age limit? It isn't even very effective, as many people can just lie about there age.

First question: A fake one, I believe, but I changed it to a real one afterward.

Second: Yes, I'm still in school...
Syfte
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:11 pm

The age minimum as to deal with responsibility and suing. If something happens to someone under 13, Facebook doesn't get sued because the person did not obey the rules.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Syfte Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Well, I guess that kills a bit of the debate, doesn't it? Laughing Eyes
Syfte
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Syfte wrote:Well, I guess that kills a bit of the debate, doesn't it? Laughing Eyes

I'm just telling you facebooks thought process. A lot of you were saying they should get rid of it, but look at it from Facebook's perspective. Too many young kids would do something (share an address, e-mail account, etc.) and the parents would blame Facebook. With this age minimum, Facebook thinks that kids over 13 are smart enough compared to 12-. If a kid who is 10 shares and email via FB chat or inbox, its not facebook's fault since the kid wasn't supposed to be on it anyway.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Syfte Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:03 pm

Well, I get what you mean. That, pretty much, is why I said that. That reason pretty much overpowers any other debate I can think of.
Syfte
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:41 am

Syfte wrote:
ruby1 wrote:

First question: A fake one, I believe, but I changed it to a real one afterward.

Second: Yes, I'm still in school...

so; according to what you originally told them.... how old were you?

And, if you have lied to them about that, how then can they think to trust you about apparently telling them your,what you now wish to tell them ,is apparently your correct date of Birth?

(on reflection maybe your thread title should be ' I lied to Facebook about my age and now I am banned ..what can I do about this ?)

I have ammended the thread title to more accurately reflect its intent ;I have left the Poll pro temp

Last edited by ruby1 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ammended detail)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Have you manged to resolve this issue? This topic will be Locked and Moved if no feedback within 3 days ;thanks
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Syfte Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Yes, I have solved it. Although, I was really looking for opinions not what to do.
Nevertheless, thank you, and I am sorry for any trouble caused. Happy
Syfte
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Syfte wrote:Yes, I have solved it. Although, I was really looking for opinions not what to do.
Nevertheless, thank you, and I am sorry for any trouble caused. Happy

The problem is , from your point of view, you told Facebook an incorrect Date of Birth and did not like it when they found out (same as how we feel if we are found out at school for doing something wrong and we think no one will find out...but in the real world they will..I know !!!)

I will lock this and send it to Solved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down