Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook login problems

3 posters

Go down

Facebook login problems Empty Facebook login problems

Post by Shalamay Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Hello, I can not log into my facebook account. When I enter my name and password it does nothing, it just stays on the same page. If I try a pw or mispell my email (on purpose) it takes me to the email or pw incorrect screen, so I know that it is taking my login. I have tried loggin in from my three different home computer using IE, firefox, and chrome (all updated) on each computer. I have deleated all cookies, history, and temp files for all browsers. I have unpluged my modem and router for overnight. Everything else works great and I have not had this problem before. I'm not sure what else I can do. I sent and email to foacebook support, but I have not yet recieved a reply. Thank you for your help.

Moved from Facebook support Other Probelms section to Hacked account section( temporarily)

Last edited by ruby1 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Shalamay
Shalamay

Back to top Go down

Facebook login problems Empty Re: Facebook login problems

Post by Admin Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:32 pm

That is really odd. Maybe it could be a virus or something that won't let you login?

Have you added any strange apps or done anything "weird" with your FB account lately?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:05 pm

Does this happen on any computer you use?

I presume from your post the ones you have used are all connected by the same router?

Can you find a computer you have not used before and not on that router and try again ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shalamay Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:54 am

Thank you for the replies. I have not added or changed anything with my FB. It worked one day and has not worked right since. Tonight I went over to a friends house and I could not log in with either of their computers, but we logged into their accounts no problem. So, I am guessing that it has to be something on the FB side. Please let me know if you can think of anything else I can do. Thanks again.
Shalamay
Shalamay

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:03 am

Unfortunately the thought comes to mind that someone may have hacked your account

Woudl you like to try to reset your password?

>>>>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<<<<

The above form should enable you to do that

I am temporarily moving this from Facebook Other problems to the Hacked account Section
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shalamay Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:14 am

Well, I the only way I can log in is to do the password reset. Log into my email, get the code, and then create a new password. It then loads FB and I can do whatever I want. Once I log off or close the browser, I have to do the password reset again. I'm not sure if it has been hacked, as I've changed my pw from different computers at different locations. If just seems as if FB recognize's the email and pw and then refreshes the page. If I enter something wrong it sends me to the other login page and when I enter it correctly it takes me back tothe main login page. Thanks again for the help and please let me know if someone thinks of anything else. Thank you.
Shalamay
Shalamay

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:24 am

Shalamay wrote:Well, I the only way I can log in is to do the password reset. Log into my email, get the code, and then create a new password. It then loads FB and I can do whatever I want. Once I log off or close the browser, I have to do the password reset again. I'm not sure if it has been hacked, as I've changed my pw from different computers at different locations. If just seems as if FB recognize's the email and pw and then refreshes the page. If I enter something wrong it sends me to the other login page and when I enter it correctly it takes me back tothe main login page. Thanks again for the help and please let me know if someone thinks of anything else. Thank you.

I wish you had said this earlier as sounds like you have been hacked

I suggest first you try using this form to tell Facebook

>>>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<<<

That said

What is your Windows version ?

What Protection do you have on your computer, when did you last fully update it and when did you last run full system scans with it

Are you fully up to date with your Microsoft Windows updates?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shalamay Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:05 am

Ok, well all my computers are up-to-date. I have tried loggin on in both XP and Win 7. Well I had submitted a ticket to FB and was looking through their list of options and found one about my problem ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ). It says:

"When some people try to log in to Facebook, the login page just refreshes and they are unable to access their accounts. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. "

So, I submitted a ticket under that issue late last night. Well, this morning when I tried to log in, it worked! Thank you all for the help.

Last edited by ruby1 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : text 'split to' enable URL to appear)
Shalamay
Shalamay

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:49 am

Shalamay wrote:Ok, well all my computers are up-to-date. I have tried loggin on in both XP and Win 7. Well I had submitted a ticket to FB and was looking through their list of options and found one about my problem ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ). It says:

"When some people try to log in to Facebook, the login page just refreshes and they are unable to access their accounts. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. "

So, I submitted a ticket under that issue late last night. Well, this morning when I tried to log in, it worked! Thank you all for the help.

thanks very much for that snippet of helpful info Yay

I am assuming this is now solved and, instead of shifting it back to 'Facebook Support, Other problems' then to 'Solved 'section I will put it straight in Solved section

It can always be reopened if necessary

>>>Solved

>>>Locked and Moved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down