Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving photos to other folders doesn't work anymore

4 posters

Go down

Moving photos to other folders doesn't work anymore Empty Moving photos to other folders doesn't work anymore

Post by ploppysator Fri May 28, 2010 5:09 am

Hello to all from Switzerland!

Since a few weeks, about since begin of May '10 it is no more possible to move photos from certain folders. For example I have a mobile upload folder, where I send pix from my mobile device via MMS directly to FB, called "mobile uploads" and another, where I send pix from my mobile phone via W-LAN and eMail to a folder called e.g. "Zannel photos". This works perfetcly, but in both of these folders, when I choose edit, the drop down "Move to another folder" is not appearing anymore. Renaming the folder doesn't make a change, also deleting the folder, creating a new one works for exactly 1 day, the next day, the dropdown function where to move the photos is away again. When I delete the folders and let FB to create a new one automatically, it is created without the moving to another folder function at all. So there are a huge amount of questions about this since weeks (thousands) but not 1 response from Facebook. In this forum either the search function does not work really, or no one of the other thousands found his way to this forum, I cannot find anything about this issue, so I have to create this new topic.

Btw. I never had more than 15 pictures in each of the folders, wherein the problem occures (as I should have said: it is only on some folders, not on all, so it is not a global issue with my FB account), and I would like to get this solved, before my upload folder is full.

Saving the pictures locally and reload them makes all comments and tags disappear, what I do not really like.

Can somebody look at this issue and help me (and all the others, too) please? I am very desperate :\'(

thx a lot

Bruno

<(”)
ploppysator
ploppysator
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Moving photos to other folders doesn't work anymore Empty Re: Moving photos to other folders doesn't work anymore

Post by Tim Fri May 28, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi Bruno and alyssac,

Please be aware that were are [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Regarding your problem, the 'move picture to another album' seems to appear for me - here is a screenshot:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is that what you mean?

EDIT I just re-read your post and saw that you mentioned this problem only occurs on some folders, not all. In that case it is likely a glitch, and I would suggest you submit a bug report to facebook. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

alyssac wrote: there is no more MOVE TO: option under "delete my photo". i noticed it yesterday and its still happening today. I wrote Facebook but did not get any response. i am getting really pissed off
The move to option should be on the edit photos page, accessible by clicking on the 'edit this photo' link on the picture. Since you noticed it yesterday I assume you contacted Facebook somewhere in the time period between yesterday and today. Facebook will not respond in that short amount of time, it may take weeks for them to reply to you.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Moving photos to other folders doesn't work anymore Empty Re: Moving photos to other folders doesn't work anymore

Post by ploppysator Fri May 28, 2010 7:37 pm

I reported this three (3) times within the last few weeks, the last time was now over 6 days ago last, but there was no reaction from Facebook. I suppose, they never answer, do they usually?

As far as I know from FB groups, there must have been hundreds of such reports - not to one of them was replied to - so far...
ploppysator
ploppysator
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ploppysator Fri May 28, 2010 8:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here you can see, that the entire drop down menue is gone on certain albums...

I reported it a fourth time just now.

Could you please use the Edit tab next time to save the double post; thanks

Last edited by Ruby on Fri May 28, 2010 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : advised about Edit tab)
ploppysator
ploppysator
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri May 28, 2010 8:18 pm

ploppysator wrote:I reported this three (3) times within the last few weeks, the last time was now over 6 days ago last, but there was no reaction from Facebook. I suppose, they never answer, do they usually?

As far as I know from FB groups, there must have been hundreds of such reports - not to one of them was replied to - so far...
You're right, they usually don't really answer. They may be aware of the problem though, just give them some time to fix it.

ploppysator wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here you can see, that the entire drop down menue is gone on certain albums...

I reported it a fourth time just now.

Could you please use the Edit tab next time to save the double post; thanks
Interestingly, my screenshot appears to be slightly different than yours. At the top, mine's says 'Edit Album - {Album Name}' whereas yours says 'Edit Photo'. Where did you click to access the page in the below screenshot?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ploppysator Sat May 29, 2010 6:58 pm

This is indeed interesting, when I klick on Edit on the working folders it says "Edit Album" and on the non working it's written "Edit Photo". I klicked both times the same, but some albums seems to be recognised as only photos, while the others are correctly recognised as album...

cheers

Bruni
ploppysator
ploppysator
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:59 pm

If this is still an issue, please reply within 48 hours or this will be locked.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ploppysator Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:13 am

The issue is still not solved! No answers so far?
ploppysator
ploppysator
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:17 am

It looks like this may be a facebook bug then. Anyone else out there getting the same problem?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Please let us have a response/feedback within 3 days;

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification;thanks
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Since my last post on this thread I have also come across others with the same problem, which likely means there is a glitch within the facebook system. Unfortunately it looks like we'll just have to wait for facebook to fix this error.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down