Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I change my personal facebook account to a business one?

3 posters

Go down

Can I change my personal facebook account to a business one? Empty Can I change my personal facebook account to a business one?

Post by Xingaderitz Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:53 am

Hi everyone!,

I am trying to catch the social media wave to use it to my advantage in business!

I already have a personal facebook account and I searched and searched for an answear until I found this forum.

I found how to change your business account to a personal one but not the other way around.

I would like to have a "vanity address" on facebook, I have enough clients, friends and family members who will support me. But I'm not sure of the limits of having an address like this. (advantages/diadvantges?)

If none of that works, I'm also looking in to deactivating my personal account and opening a new business account, but
I don't know if I can use the same email (since is the business e-mail and I will not change it)?

Also, I read that a with a business account you can not invite or search for friends.

Should I stay with my personal account and change the user's name for my business name so I can have a "fresh" contact with my clients and friends?...

Thanks for your help,

Xingaderitz

Moved from Facebook Intro Goodby Section to Facebook Support Profile and in Box help ( pro temp)

Last edited by Ruby on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved to more appropraite section of Forum)
Xingaderitz
Xingaderitz

Back to top Go down

Can I change my personal facebook account to a business one? Empty Re: Can I change my personal facebook account to a business one?

Post by Admin Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:35 pm

I don't think you quite get the difference between a personal account and a business account.. there's no difference!

Personal Account: Where you have a Wall, where your Friends can post, Info tabs with interests, Homepage, Feeds, Chat, etc. Example, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Business Page: Also called Like/Fan Page. Example, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You need a Personal Account in order to admin your Business Page, but there's no way to transfer your posts, friends, lists or anything from a Personal Account to a Business Page. However, you can invite your friends to join your page by clicking on "Suggest page to friends".

To create a Fan Page, simply go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and to select a vanity URL, go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and click on "Select username for pages". Your page must first have 25 fans to do so!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Can I change my personal facebook account to a business one? Empty Re: Can I change my personal facebook account to a business one?

Post by cwilliams Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:02 am

Hi there, I am looking to do the exact opposite and it says in your post you found out how to do that? Please help?!
cwilliams
cwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down