Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I convert my Personal Account to a Business Account?

3 posters

Go down

How do I convert my Personal Account to a Business Account? Empty How do I convert my Personal Account to a Business Account?

Post by paul4ut Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:41 am

I always wanted a way to promote and build my business, but what I wound up with was a Personal Account, and not a Business Account.

What is the easiest way to convert my account to a business account? Can I delete my personal account, and then come back with a Business account? Is there a way to convert my existing personal account into a business account?

Thanks for your help.
paul4ut
paul4ut

Back to top Go down

How do I convert my Personal Account to a Business Account? Empty Re: How do I convert my Personal Account to a Business Account?

Post by Tim Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:37 am

Hello,

Moved to group support

You can just use your personal account to create your business page. Doing so allows you to manage all the Pages and Socials Ads that you create on your personal account.

Please keep in mind that the fans of any of the Pages you administer will not have visibility or access to your personal account or profile. Any actions that you take as a Page administrator on your Page will show the Page’s name as the actor and not your personal name.

Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

How do I convert my Personal Account to a Business Account? Empty Quandary about converting Personal account to Business account

Post by paul4ut Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:24 pm

I have a personal Facebook account which was setup by mistake. What I want is an account for my business.

What is the best way to correct this? Do I delete or deactivate my personal account, and then come back next month and set up a new Business Account? I don't need both, and really have no use for a personal account.

Looking for simple instructions.

Thanks!
paul4ut
paul4ut

Back to top Go down

How do I convert my Personal Account to a Business Account? Empty Re: How do I convert my Personal Account to a Business Account?

Post by Ruby Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Topic moved from General and merged with Topic in Group support

Please do not start different topics in different section on the same problem
That said, please read Tims comment above....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by paul4ut Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:42 am

I am still confused by the process. Let me explain again.

When I first opened my FaceBook account, I unknowingly established a PERSONAL account, when what I really wanted was a BUSINESS account.

I was told I can add a Business page to my account, but I don't want that because what I have is still a Personal account with a page about my business you have to look for.

Why can't I delete my account and come back in a few days and do it right?

Thanks

Moved back from AR to Group etc
paul4ut
paul4ut

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:41 pm

Assuming you have nothing you need to keep on Facebook (this includes any current pages you adminstrate), you can firstly delete your account as per these instructions: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then, you will need to first create a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Once you’ve entered in the required information, you will be taken to the "Facebook Login" page and asked if you have a Facebook account. If you do not currently have a Facebook account, then at this point, please select "I do not have a Facebook account." You will then need to enter your email address and date of birth.

Please be aware that managing multiple accounts is a violation of Facebook’s Terms of Use. You should therefore delete your personal Facebook account first before carrying out the aforementioned steps.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down