Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal account with Business page problem

4 posters

Go down

Personal account with Business page problem Empty Personal account with Business page problem

Post by bcannon Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:04 am

Hello,
I originally setup a personal account [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . I then clicked on the "Create Page for my Business" link and set up a fan page for my business [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . I have been very confused about the relationship between these two pages. It seems that my personal page takes precedence over the business page. I have a couple questions...

1) Why are my links so long and confusing? I have seen users with much shorter links i.e. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2) I also have a problem sending messages to fans; While viewing my fan page - I select a fans image - I then select 'send Joe a message' the message goes through fine except for one thing... the message is being sent from my personal account instead of the fan page I am sending it from. So the receiver of the message is seeing my personal image and name instead of my business image and name. How do I correct this?

3) When viewing my fan page, there is a link at the bottom of the page that says "Create a Page for My Business".
I am already on my business page, why would I have this option?

Thanks for the support
Have a blessed day
Bill
bcannon
bcannon
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Personal account with Business page problem Empty Re: Personal account with Business page problem

Post by Tim Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:27 am

Hi Bill,

bcannon wrote:
1) Why are my links so long and confusing? I have seen users with much shorter links i.e. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You can set up a username for your business page at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and click on the 'Set a username for your pages' link on the bottom. Do note that there may be some requirements which may prevent you from registering a username for your page initially (eg. Not enough fans, not online for long enough yet, etc).

bcannon wrote:
2) I also have a problem sending messages to fans; While viewing my fan page - I select a fans image - I then select 'send Joe a message' the message goes through fine except for one thing... the message is being sent from my personal account instead of the fan page I am sending it from. So the receiver of the message is seeing my personal image and name instead of my business image and name. How do I correct this?
Unfortunately, with a fan page you cannot send out private messages via your fan page either individually or mass-messaged. You can only post them on the fan page's wall for others to see.

bcannon wrote:
3) When viewing my fan page, there is a link at the bottom of the page that says "Create a Page for My Business".
This option is available on every page, and allows one to create an additional/another page (unrelated to your current one). A FB account can administrate an unlimited number of fan pages.

Hope that clarifies things a bit!
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Personal account with Business page problem Empty Re: Personal account with Business page problem

Post by bcannon Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 am

Tim wrote:Hi Bill,

bcannon wrote:
You can set up a username for your business page at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and click on the 'Set a username for your pages' link on the bottom. Do note that there may be some requirements which may prevent you from registering a username for your page initially (eg. Not enough fans, not online for long enough yet, etc).

Bill Cannon:
This is awesome, just what I was looking for. Thank you.
I have already changed my personal name, had to use billcannon3 but that's ok.
However, my business name - GSpirit, is a little more critical and I see someone is using it as g.spirit. I really want GSpirit (all one word) but I guess the "dot" doesn't matter because if I type in GSpirit it puts the dot in automatically.
Question: I don't think the person that is using it has been active with this account. Is it possible to transfer the name from the existing user either through a mutual agreement or through FB support if deamed in-active?

bcannon wrote:
Unfortunately, with a fan page you cannot send out private messages via your fan page either individually or mass-messaged. You can only post them on the fan page's wall for others to see.

Bill Cannon:
Interesting, I simple wanted to send out a "Thank You for Joining" message. Do you have any suggestions on how to go about thanking the fan for joining?

bcannon wrote:
This option is available on every page, and allows one to create an additional/another page (unrelated to your current one). A FB account can administrate an unlimited number of fan pages.

Bill Cannon:
Understood, thankyou.

Hope that clarifies things a bit!

Bill Cannon:
Thank you very much Tim for taking the time to answer.
Peace

bcannon
bcannon
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:58 pm

So that Members know which topics still require assistance, would you please let us know within 2 days if this is still a problem

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification; thanks

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by JayJay Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:58 pm

==> Locked, sent to Solved

-JayJay
JayJay
JayJay
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down