Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

automated warning messages

2 posters

Go down

automated warning messages Empty automated warning messages

Post by Sidebandit Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:02 pm

I do understand why this occurs coz of spam and in particular RP accounts collecting friends. I received several of these messages wen adding selected friends recommended to me by a friend and from a fanzine site TIKI ISLAND requesting neighbors which i clicked to add (as they wanted) to progress in the game. I got the message several times saying, "my activity could be deemed as annoying by others or that a large number of my request have been ignored" I queried this only to b bounced around pages of help files which did not answer my question or look in2 my circumstances as to y i did these requests......... i have tried many times to contact facebook by email to actually get a "human" on several email addresses but all to no avail! Other here it's called the "switch board shuffle" or in this case the, "help page shuffle" where you get the stander-ed automated responce............
Sidebandit
Sidebandit
Rookie

Back to top Go down

automated warning messages Empty Re: automated warning messages

Post by Ruby Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:49 am

Please only reply to this thread; do not post any reply on any other thread and please do be polite and patient; this is a volunteer forum and we do not have any association with Facebook or any magical contact with them

Are you prepared to tell us in a civil manner what is actually happening with your Facebook account?

Have you sent too many Friends requests for instance?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidebandit Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:56 am

Hmmm, yes TL explained about no "association" with facebook and also about being civil a few threads ago which i took his points and stated that... I hope my post above is more palatable?
It's a long story but i got some friends to go through similar procedures as i did, the site in question is TIKI ISLAND ADD ME which is dedicated to players of the game who are asking for friends/neighbors request to get further along... As for the other incident that was concerning suggested friends by an existing user and if ur request r being ignored at ahigh level. it's obvious that a computer generated system cannot distinguish reasons why and just notes the volume of requests in a given time period and cut's in.. Unfortunately it is fairly diff to contact facebook, they solely rely on "automation". It also applies wen accepting gifts from various games..... thank you.
Sidebandit
Sidebandit
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:01 am

So your concern is you are getting automated messaged from Facebook ? Are you trying to add too many friends at one time?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidebandit Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:27 am

Yes, i have been a user for some time now and never came up against this b4 but as TL said there have been recent changes 2 fb and i suspect further more 2 come.. fb have a tendency 2just implement changes without notification. Unless a person follows a dedicated fb site or the fb site themselves (which most don't) there is no way of knowing changes or "new rules". The exception to this was wen there were facebook messages on my left pain of my wall saying that soon ppl wont b able to but applications there anymore...
As for the so called help centre, i hold little to no stock in that, it seems like u get the standered answer with no provision to pursue ur issue/problem further and explain ur case where warranted. I don't mind warnings, being blocked, bared, etc etc if i done something to deserve it, i just responded to wot was being asked.. Facebook at least should find a way, preferably a statement on top of the home page or email to clarify changes and rules/ new policies....... Very Happy
Sidebandit
Sidebandit
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:30 am

If the Friends addition is the problem ....

Facebook has a restriction on the number you can request at any one time due to the threat of spamming.

So have you been stopped from accessing your account due to that?

I know it applies to normal Friends requests so I suspect it may also apply to those on Games played too

Does that answer your query?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sidebandit Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:25 am

Sorry about the delay, other things, yes it does thank you very much. I will b more aware in the future and try and keep up2date on future proposed changes and news, thank you for ur time Thumbs Up
Sidebandit
Sidebandit
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Sidebandit wrote:Sorry about the delay, other things, yes it does thank you very much. I will b more aware in the future and try and keep up2date on future proposed changes and news, thank you for ur time Thumbs Up

Thanks for the good feedback

Gladly sent to solved section

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down