Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with Business Page and Personal Page both being searchable!!!

2 posters

Go down

Problem with Business Page and Personal Page both being searchable!!! Empty Problem with Business Page and Personal Page both being searchable!!!

Post by incisal Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:12 am

Okay, so here's the scoop:

I tried to start a business page by setting up a second facebook account. I accidentally created a personal page instead. I deactivated/converted that page to a business page using the same email address/password. So now, both of those pages with the same name are searchable on facebook, which directs my customers to my personal page primarily instead of the business page. I am getting friend requests instead of 'fans' or 'likes', which is not what I want. I have played with the privacy settings on the personal page to no success. I recently selected a username to make it easier, which again, directs them to a personal page.

What do I do? I'm very lost and frustrated. I simply want to eliminate the personal page and solely make the business page viewable/editable.

Please help!

incisal

Last edited by Tim on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Staff color removed)
incisal
incisal

Back to top Go down

Problem with Business Page and Personal Page both being searchable!!! Empty Re: Problem with Business Page and Personal Page both being searchable!!!

Post by Tim Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:26 am

Hi incisal,

How (ie. what procedure) did you deactivate / convert the page to a business page?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Problem with Business Page and Personal Page both being searchable!!! Empty Re: Problem with Business Page and Personal Page both being searchable!!!

Post by incisal Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:13 am

Good question. I'm not real sure. All I know is that when I log in right now, I have access to both a personal page (under my business' name) and a business page, though facebook prefers me to the personal page when I log in. Right both are searchable even though the personal page has maximum privacy settings (Only Me across the board). What can I do? Is there anyway to eliminate the personal account and keep the business account? Or should I deactivate/remove the account entirely and start over (is that even possible...)?

incisal
incisal
incisal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Business pages are usually accessed through a personal account on Facebook (eg. I manage the Facebook forum's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] through my personal account, Tim).

Right now, when you login initially you are accessing the personal account. Through that you are able to manage the business page.
If you go to your [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -> Basic directory information settings -> 'Search for me on Facebook' and set it to 'Only Friends', no one will be able to search for your personal account except for your friends.

You may not have specified the username to be set to be your business page, which is why it's directing you to your personal account instead.

You may wish to change your personal page's name to be your name instead (ie. use that as your personal account), and then through that manage your business/fan page.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by incisal Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:10 am

Tim,

That seems to have made a big difference. Thank you!
incisal
incisal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down