Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you know this user personally? To prevent misuse of Facebook, this request can't be sent

4 posters

Go down

Do you know this user personally? To prevent misuse of Facebook, this request can't be sent Empty Do you know this user personally? To prevent misuse of Facebook, this request can't be sent

Post by On18 Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Hello my name is Nissim regular use Facebook for five months until six weeks ago was possible without any problem to add friends but now can not add any friends, many friends of mine encountered this problem and other people's technical staff Facebook did not solve the problem nor It refers to all of this unfortunately quite nerve could not contact with any manager or technical staff member
I'm sure one of you know the problem

When you click Add a friend get an error message
And
Do you know this user personally? To prevent misuse of Facebook, this request can't be sent. To learn more, please visit the Help Center.

Urgent Help Please! I've attached a picture which illustrates the technical failure

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
On18
On18
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Do you know this user personally? To prevent misuse of Facebook, this request can't be sent Empty Re: Do you know this user personally? To prevent misuse of Facebook, this request can't be sent

Post by airam Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Why do you add that person anyways? Are you really friends?
airam
airam
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Do you know this user personally? To prevent misuse of Facebook, this request can't be sent Empty Re: Do you know this user personally? To prevent misuse of Facebook, this request can't be sent

Post by On18 Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:06 pm

airam wrote:Why do you add that person anyways? Are you really friends?

Sure this problem not only me evry user see this message
On18
On18
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:12 pm

How many friends do you have on Facebook and how many friends in common do you have with this person?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by airam Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Sure?what do you mean? 'Have you tried adding someone you know? cause we can't do anything about it, if you're just randomly adding.

These questions I am asking are important.
airam
airam
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Facebook is a place for connecting with friends, family and other people you know personally.

If you’ve been prevented from adding friends on Facebook, it’s likely because many friend requests you’ve sent recently have gone unanswered. This may be because you’ve sent friend requests to strangers, or it may be due to other behavior that Facebook members have reported as unwelcome.

You’ll be allowed to add friends again soon. At that time, please remember to only send friend requests to people who you already know personally. Otherwise, additional limits may be placed on your account.

For more information on your rights and responsibilities as a Facebook member, please click "Terms" at the bottom of any Facebook page.
/help/?faq=18084

note the underlined bit please ....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by On18 Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:19 pm

airam wrote:Sure?what do you mean? 'Have you tried adding someone you know? cause we can't do anything about it, if you're just randomly adding.

These questions I am asking are important.

Even people I know and want to add them is impossible because of this problem and I want to add people randomly, I have a total of 25 members! Alone and I was only 5 months on Facebook! Nothing to do with this technical problem is in every one! Not only with people I know and want to add them

On18
On18
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by On18 Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:20 pm

The Listener wrote:How many friends do you have on Facebook and how many friends in common do you have with this person?

I'll explain one more time again, everyone (no matter if I know him or do not know him) You can not add it to me because of this announcement! This technical problem on Facebook how can you say that dear friends!

Many people suffer from this problem!
On18
On18
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:24 pm

There's no bug, it's called security measure. You have to have several mutual friends with that person in order to add him/her Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:25 pm

On18 wrote:
The Listener wrote:How many friends do you have on Facebook and how many friends in common do you have with this person?

I'll explain one more time again, everyone (no matter if I know him or do not know him) You can not add it to me because of this announcement! This technical problem on Facebook how can you say that dear friends!

Many people suffer from this problem!

There is no need for familiarity of shirtnesss with us just because Facebook will not let you do what you want to do with their free service
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by On18 Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:26 pm

The Listener wrote:There's no bug, it's called security measure. You have to have several mutual friends with that person in order to add him/her Wink

You do not realize that I could add one! Nor did you no one really no one!
On18
On18
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by On18 Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:28 pm

For example I want to add a person named many robinson I can not do it, I'll say it again many users encountered this problem with a lot! Look at the picture I attached!
On18
On18
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by airam Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:30 pm

Hmm, well first of all, even if there are "many" who has encountered this problem. We can't do nothing about it because we are not the official forum of facebook.
airam
airam
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:46 pm

Geez Copying and pasting your post won't emphasize it at all. Want official info? You got it, pal! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

This not a bug, some jerks on Facebook keep making stuff up for people like you to believe them! There is NO BUG, they're just annoyed because Facebook has asked users to slow down adding friends people don't know, and then installed this measure. This couldn't happen with all people you want to add, nor everytime!

I bet you a hundred bucks you won't get that message anymore tomorrow, and of course, if you have more friends in common with that person you want to add. Facebook is based on an algorithm which will allow you to add or not to add someone based on "how much you know him/her": main thing to know if you know someone in real life is based on mutual friends.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by On18 Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:47 am

With the best will help me forgiveness But you do not help me, I realized that this site will not get an official service of Facebook, I have a total of only 25 members listed on Facebook, relative to other people who have 500 and they still could and have the possibility to submit an application Add friends.
On18
On18
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:00 am

On18 wrote:With the best will help me forgiveness But you do not help me, I realized that this site will not get an official service of Facebook, I have a total of only 25 members listed on Facebook, relative to other people who have 500 and they still could and have the possibility to submit an application Add friends.

Stop comparing what you have with what others apparently have

Facebook will not allow you to Add anyone who you do not know personally

That is their Rule and we have no control over it

Locked and sent to solved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down