Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tried to log in on someone else's computer with wrong birth date and now cannot access my account

2 posters

Go down

Tried to log in on someone else's computer with wrong birth date and now cannot access my account Empty Tried to log in on someone else's computer with wrong birth date and now cannot access my account

Post by Frank Burns Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:20 pm

I tried to log into my account on someone else's computer and accidentally put in the wrong birth date. By the time I realized I had entered the wrong date it was too late. I have tried resetting my password, and am having problems verifying that it is my account. I am unable to verify through the picture method as I have 879 friends on my account, and am unable to keep up with that many people's profile pictures. The one time I tried it said that I could skip that step if Facebook recognized my computer. Even though I have been accessing this account from this computer almost strictly for the past 5 to 6 months, it is not recognizing my computer. I mostly play Mafia Wars and don't do much else. I have tried contacting facebook multiple times with no response. The last time I was able to log in was around 11 P.M. EDT on Wednesday September 22 2010. Please help me, I have tried to google an answer with no luck, as well as trying the facebook help section and going through the forum to see if others have dealt with the same issue to no avail.
Frank Burns
Frank Burns
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Tried to log in on someone else's computer with wrong birth date and now cannot access my account Empty Re: Tried to log in on someone else's computer with wrong birth date and now cannot access my account

Post by Ruby Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:38 am

Unfortunately you do not tell us if , since this event, you have tried to log in on your own privately owned and hopefully fully protected computer.....

You also do not tell us what the protection ( if any ) is on the computer you tried to use to log into Facebook?

One can only hope you did not land on a Phishing site that is not Facebook .....

Also; I guess you do not know personally many of the Friends you have on Facebook so you do not know who they are in real life and cannot therefore identify them .....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Tried to log in on someone else's computer with wrong birth date and now cannot access my account Empty Re: Tried to log in on someone else's computer with wrong birth date and now cannot access my account

Post by Frank Burns Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:17 pm

Thank you for your response.
I have tried to access my account from my privately owned G5 Mac OS X computer. It is fully protected. I alluded to this when I made reference to the fact that Facebook was not recognizing my computer even though I was strictly using this computer for my account for at least 5-6 months.
You are correct that I do not personally know a whole lot of my friends on FB, but when you play Mafia Wars, I suppose that tends to happen. I recognize a lot of the names but not the pictures given to represent them. A good portion of the pictures used in that process are not current profile pictures, or are not pictures of the individual at all.
I am working on getting the info on the computer that I tried to log in on, as I am unsure what protection it has, although I am almost 100% positive it is protected. He is working today so as soon as I get the info I will send it along.
Again thank you for your time.
Frank Burns

Last edited by Frank Burns on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Frank Burns
Frank Burns
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:32 pm

Unfortunately , since you used someone else's computer you assume you landed on Facebook and not a phishing site ....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Burns Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Actually, I am not assuming anything. I made a mistake, I have already admitted to that. I am seeking help for a problem that has come up as a result, that I do not have an answer for. I am unaware of why it was felt the last comment made on the subject was helpful in any way. Quite frankly, I feel as though the comment was made in a derogatory manner...
I apologize for not mentioning earlier that the computer I used was a computer that my friend accesses Facebook from, on a nearly daily basis, without any problems whatsoever.
I am also aware that the site I landed on may have been a phishing site. Regardless of whether or not I assumed anything, it does not help me figure out what I can do to regain access to my account.
Frank Burns
Frank Burns
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:58 pm

If you use someone else's computer to try to access what you think is Facebook you do not know how well ( if at all) that computer is Protected and if you are going to Facebook or a cloned phishing site

You only know on your own private computer used only by you that you are logging into Facebook....
You are now locked out of Facebook?

Lets try this to get you back in

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hopefully too you should get an option to get Facebook to contact you on a land- line with a PIN to verify the account .......
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Burns Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Thank you very much for your help. The computer was a dell laptop, and AVG is the anti-virus that is used. I will gladly try the link that you sent to me. Yes I am locked out of facebook, and do not have a land line. So was not given the option of a landline. Only a cell phone, I entered the cell phone in the box explaining the issue. Only option I have is the picture method. I have been working with the friend whose computer I used to go through the pictures on my account to see if we can match them up.

Last edited by Frank Burns on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : lack of info)
Frank Burns
Frank Burns
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:51 am

If you do not have a land line then seek the option for a Cell phone and give them your cell phone number but use your own computer as that is the location Facebook will really 'recognize' you from...
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Burns Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Ok I will do that, and I have been doing all of this from my own computer. Thank you for ensuring that is what I was doing! If I turn my modem off when not using my computer will that affect their ability to 'recognize' me. I am just trying to cut back on electric bill hahaha.
Thank you again for being so quick with your responses and you many attempts to help me get to the bottom of this
Frank Burns
Frank Burns
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:05 pm

I learned something about Facebook and where you log in a long while after I came to this forum...

For a comparision, this forum ( and all the computer forums I belong to ( many!!))cares little about where you log in, which country you are in and who you are ;they do of course record your IP in the Admin DataBase ( and I know what I need to know about Users on the Forum I co-Admin ). On that basis I ( in hinde-sight, rather stupidly) assumed Facebook too did not care from where you logged in ; that is until this forum started to get all these queries about 'Facebook will not let me log in on a different location'...... so - off I went to do research on it via other forums etc ;

the long and the short of it is this ............

Facebook expect each user to log in at the same location each time as , I guess, a security measure ; they know where you are and if you do not log in from that , for them 'normal' location, they then question who it is who is trying to log in on your account that is not your normal location

Actually does make sense if you think about it ........

As far as I can tell it will not matter if your Modem is turned off as I hope you do not remain connected to the internet 24/7........
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down