Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook Account blocked

2 posters

Go down

Facebook  Account  blocked Empty Facebook Account blocked

Post by tucsonfeuer Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:28 pm

I can't offer a solution because I have the same Facebook problem (as I see a number of people do). My post is helpful because maybe it helps the OP (and me) understand the hesitance to provide a solution. If you are trying to make sure OP doesn't get access as OP might spread a disease, that is good, but it wasn't clear from your posting that you had a solution that you were willing to share after OP proved OP's computer was clean. If you help get the OP's computer clean, but don't know a solution, OP still has to look elsewhere.

My particular problem is that I installed the Facebook Android App, facebook thought I was facebooking from a different location, roadblocked me, and I can't seem to verify my birthdate, leading me to believe I typo'd my birthday on account creation a couple of years ago.

Though you were writing to the OP, I don't see a land-line option, myself. I did find a form to fill out that requires name, email, and a description.

To OP, here is the link to said form: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If you feel your computer is compromised, then I suggest working that out before contacting facebook, or contacting facebook from a known-good computer.

Last edited by Ruby on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link revealed; do not conceal URL please)
tucsonfeuer
tucsonfeuer
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Facebook  Account  blocked Empty Re: Facebook Account blocked

Post by Ruby Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:41 pm

Post split from other topic ; please do not seek to hijack someone else's thread with your own problems

That said what have you done to try to get back into Facebook and what did you do to get locked out of Facebook ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tucsonfeuer Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:53 pm

To try to get back into facebook, I have submitted that form. As for my problem:

My particular problem is that I installed the Facebook Android App, facebook thought I was facebooking from a different location, roadblocked me, and I can't seem to verify my birthdate, leading me to believe I typo'd my birthday on account creation a couple of years ago.
I am not positive if that was it, but it seems to make sense. I used to get on facebook from 3 different browsers on 3 different computers, plus my phone.

Lastly, I didn't hijack the thread this was split from. I asked if you had a solution, as you never claimed to have one (never answered the OP's question from the other thread), though you were asking the OP to do a lot of work. As I had the same actual problem (roadblock + bad birthdate), I had a vested interest in the OP's problem (and OP would have had an interested in whatever solved my problem).
tucsonfeuer
tucsonfeuer
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:59 pm

If you try to log into Facebook from a different location to normal.... Facebook will question it; how do they know it is not an imposter trying to log into your account? So they seek for you to verify who you are ....

) ps; each thread on here is treated individually and what works for one may not work for another)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tucsonfeuer Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:04 pm

I don't have a problem with Facebook's security roadblock at all; it protects me. However, because I screwed up my initial birthdate entry (I must have), it is not protecting me from me. We'll see if the form I submitted turns up anything, though if anyone else knows a way of contacting facebook or correcting my birthdate without being logged in, that would be great.
tucsonfeuer
tucsonfeuer
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Please clarify; can you currently log into Facebook ?

If not we have to go through other forms..

Please do tell us if you still have access to and can send and receive email using the email address you have associated with Facebook ...
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tucsonfeuer Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:20 pm

I can only access the roadblock once putting in my email and password. I have full access to my email. My single problem appears to be failing the birthdate check on the roadblock.
tucsonfeuer
tucsonfeuer
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:50 pm

In which case please look carefully on the Roadblock page to find another verification method

I will send this to solved as you are apparently happy with the Roadblock its
elf
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down