Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pages spam filter

3 posters

Go down

Pages spam filter Empty Pages spam filter

Post by mberger Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:13 pm

I have a question about the new Spam filter. Let's say I have a page with a couple thousand fans, so that there is a considerable amount of spam on my wall. Have all those spammers been sorted out when the new filter was set into action, or is only that spam filtered which has been posted after the start of the spam filter?
Thanks in advance!
mberger
mberger
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Pages spam filter Empty Re: Pages spam filter

Post by Admin Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Both before & after spam posts are there Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mberger Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:53 am

Thanks. I would like to describe an interesting effect due to this, or lets call it a theory of mine. Spammers are posting their s**t all over the place, preferably on pages with lots of fans. A lot of them are filterd out into spam. Now many admins worldwide not only delete those posts but report it as spam. That means that facebook is probably canceling quite a good amount of accounts. Which again results in the fact that some sites are losing fans without neither deleting spam nor reporting it. Well, thats not a problem at all as it only affects spammers, but some admins might be wondering whats going on with their fan numbers.
(or is this bull?)
mberger
mberger
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:03 pm

facebook is probably canceling quite a good amount of accounts

Facebook won't disable people whose posts are showing up on the spam filter's accounts. Therefore, there are no issues with Fan numbers... spammers will still be in the fans list, and they will still be able to post on your page, unless you ban them (Flag >> Report as abusive >> Permanently ban this member and delete all the content (s)he has posted).

In case any admins see 'loses', it could be on wall posts (even though big pages don't have wall posting for fans enabled). Some of them won't even notice the spam filter, and probably most of their posts will be there (sometimes they're not spam, but posts with allowed links).

Anyways... I assume your issue is solved now? Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mberger Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:54 am

The Listener wrote:

yeah, thanks! Very Happy
mberger
mberger
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:05 pm

mberger wrote:
The Listener wrote:

yeah, thanks! Very Happy

In which case ;thanks for seeking our help !!

>>>>>>>Moved to Solved Section
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down