Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long does it take for a new account to show up in Facebook's search results?

Go down

How long does it take for a new account to show up in Facebook's search results? Empty How long does it take for a new account to show up in Facebook's search results?

Post by nimh Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:06 pm

This is a new account, about two days old now. Facebook does not give you the option to sign up using your full First/Middle/Last name, so the first thing I did was change my name by adding my middle name. I've gone by both my first and middle names throughout my life and wish to maximize people's ability to find me. Here are the details:

- Using someone else's FB account (several in fact), I do not show up in the search results using any combination of the names - First/Last, Middle/Last, or First/Middle/Last.
- I am able to find myself if I search on just the email address I used to sign up.
- Account > Privacy Settings > View Settings > Search for you on Facebook is set to 'Everyone'
- Account > Privacy Settings > Apps and Websites > Public Search is set to 'Enable'
- (Edited to add that my Birthday is in 1981 and noted as such in FB. Also, I have yet to start adding friends because I'm anxious about this account not showing up in searches, and I'm not sure if that has an effect as well)

Did I cause an issue by changing my name from the outset? Or should I have put both the names I've gone by in the First Name field instead of using the Middle name field? If not, how long before my name (whether someone uses First/Last or Middle/Last) will start to populate the search results on Facebook. Thanks to anyone who can answer this question!

nimh
nimh

Back to top Go down