Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I accidentally removed myself as an admin in a group I created...

2 posters

Go down

I accidentally removed myself as an admin in a group I created... Empty I accidentally removed myself as an admin in a group I created...

Post by cutthekidsinhalf Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi,

I read this post:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

but as I didn't "lose" my rights I decided to post a new topic.

This issue started when I was uploading pictures to a photo album in a Group I created and was the sole admin. I could tag all my friends, but discovered to my surprise I couldn't tag myself. And so I started clicking around in my Group settings to find a solution, but instead of fixing the problem I managed to remove myself as an admin in my own Group...

I was the only admin, and now I can't add more friends to the Group, etc.

So there is really two issues here:

* Why can't I tag myself in my own photoalbum in the group I created? Anyone here know how to fix this?
* How do I add myself as an admin again in the group I created? This closed group has no admin at the moment...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already contacted Facebook, but as I also have googled this problem, it seems like the Facebook support team usually takes a long long time to respond, so I decided to try my luck here Happy

Thanks!

King Ho Wong

cutthekidsinhalf
cutthekidsinhalf

Back to top Go down

I accidentally removed myself as an admin in a group I created... Empty Re: I accidentally removed myself as an admin in a group I created...

Post by Tim Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:25 am

Hi King Ho Wong,

Unfortunately a new Facebook feature is that once a group has no more admins, it is not possible for anyone to be an admin in that group anymore.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

I accidentally removed myself as an admin in a group I created... Empty Re: I accidentally removed myself as an admin in a group I created...

Post by cutthekidsinhalf Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:32 am

Hmm,

So not even the Facebook support team can fix this now? Sad

I must say that this new feature is quite stupid. What if I wanted to delete the group, etc?

Oh well, it was kinda my own fault...

Thanks!
cutthekidsinhalf
cutthekidsinhalf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum