Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback

+10
iJerick
ayeh
Josh
Ruby
Tim
Joel Nyan
tgm1024
JayJay
aspen
Admin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How does the forum work for you?

Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]
Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback - Page 2 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]
Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback

Post by Chibi Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:21 am

I never had a problem with the forum's speed. Usually after posting, it would refresh so fast, I wouldn't be able to click the banner to return to the index. I would already be back in the topic.
Chibi
Chibi
Regular

Back to top Go down

Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback

Post by Admin Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Chibi wrote:I never had a problem with the forum's speed. Usually after posting, it would refresh so fast, I wouldn't be able to click the banner to return to the index. I would already be back in the topic.

Probably because you use Chrome. I use Chrome too and it works perfectly for me. People are usually having problems with Firefox.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by iJerick Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:43 pm

HJow about me, I use firefox but it works great!?
iJerick
iJerick
SN Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:45 pm

johnerick_019 wrote:HJow about me, I use firefox but it works great!?

That's odd. What version of Friefox are you using?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by iJerick Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Im using the newest version!
iJerick
iJerick
SN Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:06 pm

The site has always loaded fine for me with IE7/8 on Windows, but I was using the site with Firefox on Linux yesterday and the site appeared sluggish especially when trying to scroll.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:46 am

I am not sure what is going on with this board; I have had slowness, pages not loading , problems editing

Are there any problems with the server? Does this page have ads on it?

I did wonder if the graphics are slowing it ....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BEBE PINK Ü Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:51 am

Im using Flock browser and its just load normally Happy
BEBE PINK Ü
BEBE PINK Ü
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by iJerick Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:42 am

@ The Listener: PM Sent! I sent you a pm about this!

---

Its work perpectly on me! but it also depends on your internet connection, who knows!
iJerick
iJerick
SN Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by tgm1024 Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:13 pm

If you turn off Firefox's smooth scrolling it becomes only *slightly* noticable as it is now is on IE and Chrome. But this does not indict Firefox.

Firefox's smooth scrolling is at a finer increment than the other browsers.

IME suggests that it is definitely a refresh/redraw related problem. Most likely something on the server side or client-side UI is assuming that a full redraw is required on each increment with no "backing store" to speed things along.
tgm1024
tgm1024
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed May 05, 2010 6:18 pm

I am on IE6; I have also tried it with Mozilla

all run very slow and at times IE6 just freezes .....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Forum Slowness? We need your Feedback - Page 2 Empty browser options

Post by AnonymousUser Thu May 06, 2010 2:03 am

@Ruby: Get a better Browser:

Mozilla Firefox 3.5+ | Opera 10+ | Google Chrome 4+ | Apple Safari 4+ | Internet Explorer 8+

Please, move away from Internet Explorer 6... As a developer, it personally kills me to here a user use IE6 even when 70% of the smartest developers know, and say that IE6 sucks. I am fine with the idea of IE7+... But 6 is a joke. Confused

Last edited by Kryptonian on Fri May 07, 2010 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
AnonymousUser
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Thu May 06, 2010 7:11 pm

If the site is running slowly for you, please click this link and then click Yes.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by JayJay Sat May 08, 2010 4:58 pm

IMO if the site is running slow for you I don't believe it is the forum. You can do several steps to clean your computer to make it run more smoothly such as clearing your CACHE every so often. Or I suggest you do a Disk Defragmenter which is genrally under Accessories that can help your computer run smoothly alot better >.<
JayJay
JayJay
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Jj S. wrote:IMO if the site is running slow for you I don't believe it is the forum. You can do several steps to clean your computer to make it run more smoothly such as clearing your CACHE every so often. Or I suggest you do a Disk Defragmenter which is genrally under Accessories that can help your computer run smoothly alot better >.<

A bit of a' how to' for various browsers.......

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

( drawback is you will have to re-find the URL's for the pages you delete )
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun May 09, 2010 1:48 pm

If you happen to be on Dial -up (which I can recall vividly ) you will find the pages do load slowly ; however, you will only notice the 'difference' in speed if you happen to get on a computer that is on Broadband ( or Cable)

I realised this when I was on Dial -up ; thought that that speed was 'normal 'and happened to be on a computer that was Networked ; the difference in loading page response had to be seen to be believed!!! If you have never seen for yourself the difference in speed of page loading ( on any web page) between dial up and broadband it is a phenomenon worth seeing ..

So, if you are on Dial up, I think you will get ( or can expect to get ) slow page- loading on this site ( sorry Cry )
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:29 pm

I am running both Flock and Netscape Browsers and both are behaving like ...very very sticky and awfully slow.....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2